The Number Of Colony Forming Units The Probiotic Has
It is very essential that you consider the number of colony forming units available in a given probiotic supplement. Put differently, you should look at the number of live bacteria that are present in a given probiotic supplement.
This is important because after all, what you are looking for in the probiotic supplement are those live and useful bacteria that will help to bring balance to your gut. Therefore, the higher the colony forming units count, the more priority you should accord it.
Why should the colony forming units count be high? As we have already noted, there is a probability that not all the live bacteria present in the supplement are likely to reach the intestines. Some of the bacteria may be destroyed by the stomach acids.
Therefore, although some may be destroyed, more will survive and will eventually reach your gut. We recommend that you look for a probiotic supplement that contains at least 10 billion colony forming units. Should you come across a probiotic that does not reveal the colony forming units count it has, you should place it aside and proceed to consider other available options.
Are There Any Dangers Of Probiotics
Probiotics are natural compounds and naturally reside in the body. For the majority of people, probiotics are quite safe.
Some people can have temporary increases in symptoms of gas, bloating, or GI discomfort for several days. If this continues, it is best to decrease the dose or try different probiotic strains, such as Bacillus strains or Saccharomyces boulardii.
People with critical illness or severe immune compromise should avoid probiotics according to the Cleveland Clinic.
How Long Will It Take Probiotics To Start Working
The answer to this question depends on the person and the condition being treated. Some people may see results within a few days or weeks. However, for others, it may take months of taking probiotics before they notice any changes. It is important to continue taking them as directed and to be patient.
When choosing a probiotic supplement, it is important to look for one that contains live and active cultures. It is also important to choose a product that has been tested for purity and safety. Probiotics for vaginal health should be taken as directed on the package.
You May Like: Bigelow Lemon Ginger Herb Plus Probiotics Tea Benefits
The Types Of Bacterial Strains That Are Available In The Probiotic Supplement
There are millions of bacterial strains that are usually available in probiotic supplements, some of which may actually not be helping your course. The type of bacterial strain that you should look out for is usually determined by the reason why you want the probiotic.
Here are some of the bacterial strains that you should look out for in fighting candida albicans.
In Conclusion: Should You Add Probiotic Supplement To Your Routine
Probiotic supplements are made up of good bacteria. These good bacteria help the body in many ways, like fighting off bad bacteria when there is too much of it.
If you are someone who always suffers from constipation, give these probiotic supplements a go, as consistent consumption may keep you regular.
Throughout the years, countless studies have been done on probiotics. Through these studies, we now know how probiotic supplements help in the prevention of a lot of medical conditions.
Data supporting their role in other conditions are often conflicting, and more research still needs to be done, but probiotics have already proven their effectiveness ever since.
So, feel free to invest your hard-earned money in one of the probiotic supplements we have mentioned above. We hope you will be able to see the outcome for yourself.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more,
Read Also: Who Are Probiotics Good For
Falling Out Of Balance
This delicate balance is easily disrupted by any number of factors. Sex, semen, menstruation, vaginal washes and wipes, certain medications, and even stress are common culprits. These triggers can raise pH levels creating an environment where non-beneficial bacteria and yeast can grow and flourish throwing off your vaginas balance and making it susceptible to infection.
Sex, semen, menstruation, vaginal washes and wipes, certain medications, and even stress can trigger a disruption to vaginal microflora.
Bioactrin Yeast Infection Treatment For Women Pills Clinically Tested For Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment For Women Probiotics
- HELPING YOU FIND THE BALANCE IN THE UNBALANCED: Yes, We know! Having a vaginal infection can turn your life into a nightmare.
- VAGINIAL PROBIOTICS BACKED BY SCIENCE: BioActrin womens probiotics bacterial vaginosis combines Lactocaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus women La-14, two premium clinically tested strains.
- GET YOUR LIFE BACK! STOP RECURRING BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS AND VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS: Among many yeast infection treatment for women oral and vaginial supplements for women in the market, most of them provide a one-time relief, only few provide a long-lasting yeast infection relief and are supported by clinical evidence like BioActrin.
- PROBIOTICS FOR WOMEN PH BALANCE PREMIUM PACKAGING EXTRA PROTECTION: Patented CSP bottle with 3-Phase Activ-Polymer sleeve, a product-protective technology that ensures stability and efficacy through product shelf life .
- MANUFACTURED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, THIRD-PARTY TESTED TWICE, PACKAGED IN THE USA: Signify Nature is committed to delivering premium dietary supplements with the highest quality standards.
Recommended Reading: Walgreens Garden Of Life Probiotics
What Is Candida Biofilm
When bacteria or yeast form a protection around themselves, this slimy coating is called a biofilm. The biofilm helps to shelter the yeast and makes them harder to kill.
You may recall having a slimy coat in your mouth after eating sticky, carbohydrate-rich foods. This sticky feeling is actually a biofilm of bacteria and/or yeast.
While research on biofilms is emerging, probiotics may help to break down this protective barrier, which then helps probiotics to kill the candida. This beneficial effect of probiotics makes the possibility of probiotics as a tool against candida even more intriguing.
Do Probiotics Help Support Candida
Probiotics can help with Candida in a number of different ways.
- Competitive Inhibition the term competitive inhibition just means that probiotic bacteria compete for space and nutrients with pathogenic microbes in the gut. By taking up the space on the epithelial lining, probiotics prevent pathogens from adhering to our gut cells and damaging them. They also compete for nutrients, and generally make it harder for pathogens, including Candida, to flourish. The same principle can be seen in the vaginal tract. Using specific strains of probiotics that are known to colonise the vagina, results in less space and fewer nutrients being available to pathogens including Candida albicans, which cause vaginal thrush.
- Heal the gut barrier probiotics re-enforce the lining of the gut8. This helps to prevent gaps from forming in the space between the enterocytes which leads to a leaky gut. Probiotics also produce short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate which are known to enhance the integrity and functioning of the intestinal epithelial barrier9.
- Binding of pathogens one particular probiotic, Saccharomyces boulardii has the ability to bind to pathogens and successfully remove them from the GI tract via the stool 10.
- Have anti-fungal effects Saccharomyces boulardii produces three different anti-fungal acids, which inhibit the growth of Candida albicans and other Candida species in the gut11.
You May Like: Gryph And Ivy Rose Probiotic
Remedies And Treatments For Yeast Infections
The most effective treatment for yeast infections is a dedicated course of antifungal medication. However, you can also try several home remedies if you are waiting to see a doctor for a diagnosis and prescription. Here are six treatments for yeast infections.
Many yeast infections occur when your immune system is busy or damaged. Itâs common to experience yeast infections while on antibiotics because your bodyâs normal bacteria die off.
Yogurt is another healthy source of probiotics. Just make sure that you eat the yogurt. It doesnât offer any benefits when applied topically, and the sugar thatâs present in all yogurt may cause other infections as well.
Apply Saltwater Rinses
Yeast infections can sometimes be reduced and soothed by rinsing the area gently with saltwater. Mix a half teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water. For oral thrush, you can gently swish the mixture around in your mouth. For other areas of your body, you can soak the infected area for several minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
Apply Coconut Oil
Coconut oil seems to act as an antifungal agent both in the lab and in people.
You can gently apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the site of the yeast infection. This may help kill off some of the yeast and may soothe irritated, dry, uncomfortable skin, allowing it to heal.
Use Tea Tree Oil
Microbiome Plus+ Probiotic: Best For Healthy Bowel
With its formulation of vegetarian and non-gluten nutraceuticals, MicroBiome Plus+ Probiotic may help boost immunity. Moreover, through regular oral consumption of these capsules, one may keep a quintessential metabolism of the bile and a balanced bacterial composition.
This Longhill Enterprise Ltd Canada-manufactured product may maintain bowel irregularities and help in the reduction of bloating and heartburn.
This doctor-recommended probiotic may help healthy heart stimulation and body protection and fight with dangerous illnesses.
MicroBiome Plus+ Probiotic also has benefits in addition to reducing cholesterol and enhancing Vitamin A, which all contribute to a life of health and wellness. With regular consumption of this probiotic, one may have digestive mechanism advancement and an increase in nutrient absorption.
Also Check: Can You Take A Multivitamin With A Probiotic
Also Check: Davinci Labs Mega Probiotic Nd
Whats The Best Over The Counter Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
So youve got a yeast infection? You must be desperate to get rid of it as soon as possible and fortunately. If youre wondering whats the best over the counter vaginal yeast infection treatment, youre in the right place.
There are many OTC medications that can relieve your symptoms quickly and help you recover completely within a few days. The most effective and natural option is BoriCap boric acid suppositories.
Are Any Probiotics Not Recommended For Candida
In general, there arent any probiotics that are contraindicated in Candida overgrowth in fact, most probiotic bacteria offer some degree of anti-Candida potential through competitive inhibition/competitive exclusion and by lowering the pH in the intestines like most pathogens, this troublesome yeast prefers an alkaline environment.
There is however some debate over whether an anti-Candida protocol should include prebiotics, in the form of fructo-oligosaccharides or inulin. One opinion is that prebiotics can feed the Candida, and potentially worsen the dysbiosis. However, others believe that the positive effects of taking prebiotics from a high-quality source, such as encouraging the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut, and increasing short-chain-fatty-acid production outweigh any potential negatives. If you are interested in finding out more about the debate you can read our blog over on the Probiotics Learning Lab, ‘Does FOS feed bad bacteria?‘
Yeast Infection Home Treatment
Yeast infection home treatment is very popular and has proven to be safe and effective when done properly. As you can see in the table below, the treatment options are different based on the type of the yeast infection you have:
- Multiple yeast infections symptoms typically require a systemic candida treatment .
- Local issue can be addressed with yeast infection creams.
|Yeast Infection symptoms|
|Natural antifungal creams.|
Yeast Infections & Bacterial Vaginosis
About 75% of women will experience at least one vaginal yeast infection in their lifetime and almost half will have repeat infections.1 They occur with an overgrowth of candida, or yeast, in the vagina thats typically kept in check by the good bacteria in healthy vaginal flora.
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common vaginal infection in women ages 15-44. In BV there is an overgrowth of certain bacteria causing an imbalance of the good and non-beneficial bacteria normally found in a womans vagina. 1
The Battle of Yeast and Bacteria
Though separate conditions, the nature of yeast infections and BV can often lead to a seemingly never-ending cycle between the two. Typically, it goes something like this:
This phenomenon isnt limited to BV and Yeast Infections. UTIs, another bacterial infection commonly treated with antibiotics, and yeast infections follow a similar pattern.
Don’t Miss: Douglas Labs Multi Probiotic 15 Billion
Buying Guide For Best Turmeric Supplements
Turmeric is known for its numerous health benefits, and you can buy it in various forms to treat a host of issues. The use of turmeric is rooted in traditional Indian medicine. An antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, it can potentially relieve symptoms caused by numerous health conditions.
And while you should never substitute prescribed medication with a supplement or take a supplement without checking with your doctor first you may find turmeric to be a good option for you if youre looking for a drug-free anti-inflammatory product.
What is turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice the plant from which it is derived from shares the same name. The spice is harvested from the roots of the turmeric plant, which grow in parts of Asia, Central America, and India. In addition to medicinal purposes, turmeric is used for cooking and even as a dye thanks to its bold yellow hue. Although turmeric contains several compounds, it is the primary active ingredient, curcumin, which provides turmerics anti-inflammatory properties.
Best Probiotic For Yeast Infection
When it comes to the best probiotic for yeast infection, the preference is to use probiotic strains that were shown by research to be effective for candida and yeast infections and also safe with no adverse side effects.
- Bacillus laterosporus is a patented probiotic strain that has shown to be very effective on its own against candida yeast, and is best used during the initial yeast infection treatment, where the preference is to focus on a single probiotic strain that can target candida-yeast very effectively on one hand, but that also does it in a very gentle and safe way.
- Lactobacillus strains are among the most studied probiotic strains, and are best used for preventing yeast infection as well as during the middle of the yeast infection treatment. Most studies combined different types of the Lactobacillus strains together for increased effectiveness, which is considered a common best practice when using the Lactobacillus strains.
- Prebiotics are nondigestible food ingredients known to promote the growth of probiotics by serving as a food source for the probiotics. Supplementing with probiotics may help to initially populate your intestines with good bacteria prebiotics can help this new population of good bacteria to better grow in your intestines.
- Best product: FloraTrex.
Below is a quick summary of some of the key benefits of Lactobacillus for yeast infection:
Vaginal yeast infection, improve cure rate, relieve discomforts
Does Enteric Coating Matter
On the other hand, enteric coating or delayed-release probiotics are usually not necessary. You have trillions of bacteria that live in your gut and most survive the acidic stomach or bile that they are exposed to in the intestines.
Spore-based or soiled-based probiotics are especially resilient and can thrive in any gut condition.
Additionally, food-derived probiotics help the gut, and they dont have a capsule at all!
Treatment Of Vaginal Thrush
- Vaginal thrush is a common yeast infection that affects most women at some stage. Common symptoms include pain, itching and vaginal discharge. Taking antibiotics and being post-menopausal can increase their risk of getting vaginal thrush.
- Using a probiotic alongside antifungal treatment for thrush may help control the condition in the short term, but not necessarily for recurrent thrush.2
- Choose a lactobacillus containing probiotic.
- Read more about vaginal thrush and treatment for vaginal thrush.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Probiotic Supplement To Take Daily
Best Probiotic For Vaginal Yeast Infections
Gastro Armor by Sovereign Laboratories Contains the research-backed Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, and lactoferrin from its bovine colostrum. It is also enteric-coated. While this doesnt contain the highest concentration of probiotics at 5 billion per serving, this is the only probiotic on the market that contains lactoferrin from colostrum and the clinically verified spore-based probiotic called Lactospore®.
Because this product contains spore-based probiotics called Bacillus coagulans, a lower concentration can be used for and still achieve the best benefits for candida.
That is why it is the best probiotic for yeast overgrowth.
Another great feature of this product is that it contains Hidrox®, which is an antioxidant derived from pressed olives. This antioxidant may help provide neuroprotection.
Of note, this product does not contain prebiotics, which is important for people who are sensitive to prebiotics.
Another perk is that Gastro Armor product has a 45-day money-back guarantee return policy too. Other ingredients include gelatin and silicon dioxide.
What Foods Have Probiotics In Them
There are many different foods that contain probiotics. Some of the best sources include yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso soup, and tempeh. Probiotic-rich foods can help replenish the good bacteria in the body and promote a healthy balance.
When it comes to probiotics and vaginal health, yogurt is one of the best sources. Yogurt contains live and active cultures that can help replenish the good bacteria in the body. Make sure to choose a yogurt that is plain and unsweetened for the most benefits.
Sauerkraut is another excellent source of probiotics. This fermented cabbage dish is rich in live and active cultures that can help promote a healthy balance in the body.
Kimchi is a Korean dish made from fermented cabbage. It is rich in probiotics and other nutrients that can help improve vaginal health.
You May Like: What Do Probiotics Do For Me