Trader Joe’s Creamy Cashew Yogurt
Trader Joe’s is making affordable, dairy-free yogurt accessible to all with one of its latest releases. After trying it out, I’m happy to say it holds up to some of the bigger names.
What a RD thinks of cashew milk: “Cashew milk provides small amounts of iron and calcium and is typically low in calories when unsweetenedâaround 25 to 40 calories a serving. Some cashew milks are fortified with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12 and zinc.” âAmy Gorin
- Flavor: Strawberry
- Nutrition stats : 140 calories, 6 grams fat, < 1 grams fiber, 12 grams sugar , 3 grams protein
- Taste: Unlike some strawberry flavored non-dairy yogurts that are so sweet it’ll make you wince, the flavor here is subtle and satisfying.
- Texture: The texture is smooth, creamy, and a nice in-between of the thick and runny options.
- Other flavors available: Vanilla bean
Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt Is Now Available In 6 Probiotic Flavors
To keep it friendly for most dietary needs, Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt is made with an oat base and enriched with faba bean protein. Yes, its free of not only dairy, nuts, and soy, but also pea protein! And its stocked with 5 types of live cultures for plenty of probiotic action.
All flavors of this dairy-free yogurt are sold in single-serve containers. The Plain and Vanilla are also sold in multi-serve tubs .
Moderate Amount Of Net Carbs
Nancy’s Probiotic Oatmilk Non-Dairy Plain Yogurt contains 5.29g of net carbs per 100g serving. You need to be mindful of its serving size because it has a fair amount of carbs.
It is important to limit its consumption so you won’t exceed the 20g – 30g daily net carb limit.
Don’t Miss: Do Probiotics Promote Weight Loss
Forager Project Organic Dairy
Looking for a perfect yogurt to add into your smoothie? This is it. It doesn’t have a crazy-sweet taste like other options, and it’s one of the runniest I tried, making it a great option to mix in with other ingredients and sip up for breakfast.
- Flavor: Blueberry
- Nutrition stats : 140 calories, 6 grams fat, 1 gram fiber, 12 grams sugar, 3 grams protein
- Taste: If you like minimal sweetness in your yogurts, this is a great pick. The blueberry flavor is very subtle, and there’s not an artificial, sugary taste in the slightest.
- Texture: This is definitely one of the runniest yogurts. That said, it’s still nice and creamy.
- Other flavors available: Unsweetened plain, strawberry, vanilla, lemon, cherry, coconut
More Facts On Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt
Price: $1.49 to $1.99 per 6-ounce multi-serve and $4.49 to $4.99 per 24-ounce multi-serve
Availability: Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt is sold at Sprouts Farmers Market and other natural food stores and independent co-ops across the U.S. Broader mainstream distribution expected by mid-2020.
Certifications: Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt is Non-GMO Verified and Certified Kosher DE .
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Nancys Oatmilk Yogurt is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
For More Product Information: Visit the Nancys website at nancysyogurt.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed safe for every individuals needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
You May Like: Why Are Probiotics Good For Us
Review: Nancys Probiotic Oatmilk Non
I stumbled uponNancys Probiotic Oatmilk Non-Dairy Strawberry Hibiscus Yogurt while picking uplunch at Foxtrot Market in Wicker Park, Chicago. I was beyond delighted to finda dairy-free yogurt made with oatmilk! I love oatmilk.
Now for my review.The strawberry hibiscus yogurt has a creamy, custardy texture that is similarto dairy yogurt. It tastes like berries and is a light thulian color. It tastesgreat and is only 110 calories with 9g of sugar.
For the next couple of days, I continued to buy the yogurt. It was $3.00 per 6 oz container, which was getting expensive. I used Nancys Store Finder to find the nearest retailer that sells the yogurt. Sugar Beet Food Co-Op in Oak Park was the closest. So, I drove to the Co-Op and purchased about 20 containers of yogurt, including strawberry hibiscus, blueberry, vanilla, and plain. The yogurt costs $1.99a $1.01 savings.
Here is the nutritioninformation for Nancys Probiotic Oatmilk Non-Dairy Yogurt, Strawberry Hibiscus:
Serving Size 6 oz
Available In Four Different Flavors
It is a new line of single-serve Organic Whole Milk and is available in four flavors, including Mixed Berry, plain, peach, and strawberry vanilla. The yogurt is prepared with organic milk from cows pasture-raised on family farms and is made without gelatin.
These flavored yogurts are USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified. It also offers six flavors in Oat Milk Yogurt, including plain, vanilla, blueberry, apple cinnamon, passion fruit, and more. Furthermore, it also helps in weight loss and strengthening bones.
Recommended Reading: Best Probiotics For Mast Cell Activation Disorder
The Health Benefits Of Oats
Despite its humble reputation, the common oat is actually something of a super grain. Originating in the Middle Easts latter-day Fertile Crescent, the popular cereal made its merry way to Europe and Britain. From the Middle Ages onward, oats became a mainstay food for the peasant class, especially in Scotland where the crop flourished in the damp climate.
Oats are a healthy grain
Oats are incredibly nutritious. Oats are packed with complex carbohydrate and are 17 percent protein to boot. In addition, oats are also revered for their cholesterol-lowering properties. This is because oats are a source of soluble fiber, which according to the Mayo Clinic, can reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. Not to mention oats are downright delicious and a low GI rating makes this grain extra satisfying.
Daiya Coconut Cream Yogurt Alternative
Daiya has completely changed the formula of its dairy-free cheeses, upping the taste and meltabilityâis that a word?âso they’re even more dairy-like. Unfortunately, while I love the brand’s other products and use them regularly, this yogurt isn’t my favorite.
- Flavor: Black Cherry
- Nutrition stats : 160 calories, 1 gram fiber, 9 grams sugar , 6 grams protein
- Taste: I really wanted to love this black cherry flavor because Daiya is killing it in the dairy-free game, but it tasted more like medicine than a sweet treat and left behind a weird aftertaste. There’s a coconut-based, non-dairy Greek Yogurt version available, which might be a better pick.
- Texture: If you like your yogurts extra-thick, this is it. It’s kind of like a Jell-O and yogurt hybrid: scoopable, thick, and a little clumpy.
- Other flavors available: Peach, strawberry, blueberry, vanilla bean, plain
Also Check: Happy Baby Organic Probiotic Baby Cereal Oatmeal
Gt’s Cocoyo Pure Living Coconut Yogurt
The lid on this yogurt screams “I’m alive” and warns you to open it carefully. And after I did remove it, I have to say: the raw coconut-based product definitely did look alive. Even though I personally wasn’t a fan of the tangy taste, it deserves an all-star rating for its short list of ingredients and nutrition stats.
- Flavor: Raspberry
- Nutrition stats : 160 calories, 12 grams fat, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
- Taste: If you like ridiculously tangy yogurt, this one’s for you. I, unfortunately, was very taken aback and had to…umm, dispose of my mouthful. Props to anyone who can eat it, but personally, it reminds me of what it’s like trying to take a shot of apple cider vinegar: You know it’s good for you, but you don’t like doing it. I wouldn’t expect anything less from GT Dave, and I mean that in the best way possible.
- Texture: It’s very, very thick and creamyâand also airy. When you stick your spoon in, it feels like you’re scooping into a spongey material.
- Other flavors available: Cacao, pure, ginger turmeric, vanilla
So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt
Key lime was always one of my favorite yogurt flavors, so this one had a lot to live up to. And luckily, it didn’t disappoint. In fact, I think I like it even more than the types I ate regularly in the past.
What a RD thinks of coconut milk: “Unsweetened coconut milk has a nice creamy texture. However, it contains very little or no protein. Most coconut milk beverages are fortified with vitamins and minerals, and so you may get 50 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12 and 30 percent of the daily value of vitamin D per cup.” âAmy Gorin
- Flavor: Key lime
- Nutrition stats : 130 calories, 4 grams fat, 2 grams fiber, 17 grams sugar, < 1 gram protein
- Taste: This was one of the best flavors of non-dairy yogurt I’ve tried. It was wholesome, well-rounded, didn’t have that artificial taste, and didn’t have a weird aftertaste. It also didn’t taste coconut-y at all, like some coconut milk products do.
- Texture: While the almond and oat milk varieties of yogurt are pretty thick, this one is the perfect happy medium between thick and runny, making it easy to eat on its own or use in other recipes.
- Other flavors available: Plain, vanilla, passionate mango, strawberry, pineapple brÃ»lÃ©e, unsweetened vanilla, unsweetened plain, strawberry banana, raspberry, peach, chocolate, blueberry
Also Check: What Is Acidophilus Probiotic Good For
Organic Cultured Lowfat Cottage Cheese
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
Check Out The Protein Content
If you really want your yogurt to serve as a filling breakfast or snack, it should include at least some protein sourced from the nuts used to make the non-dairy milk. If it’s on the low-side, just add some nut butter or granola before you dig in. Otherwise, chances are that you’ll be hungry soon after enjoying your yogurt.
I tried out some of the most popular varieties of non-dairy yogurt and ranked them by taste and texture. Here’s exactly which ones came out on top.
Don’t Miss: What Do Probiotics Do For Your Vagina
How Is It Nutrition Wise
All the products sold by Nancys Yogurt are organic and contain hormone-free milk. They are prepared without preservatives and colors. The products from Nancys Yogurt offer delicious gluten-free options and contain calcium, iron, and other essential ingredients. It is rich in flavor and helps in promoting heart health.
Enjoy this probiotic yogurt in breakfast or add it into recipes that you are preparing for dinner. Nancys yogurt is not only rich in calcium, but it is also high in protein. Plain yogurt is liked by people, but everyone prefers to have a flavored one.
Nancy’s Probiotic Oat Milk Non
If you’re an oat milk fan, you’ll undoubtedly love this yogurt. It’s super creamy, uses wholesome ingredients, and has a texture that could fool just about anyone into thinking they’re eating dairy. It also has a surprising ingredient: faba beans, which give an extra boost of protein.
What a RD thinks of oat milk: “Oat milk tends to be a little higher in calories than some of the other alternative milks. A cup of milk typically provides about 20 percent of the daily value for calcium. You also get some blood-pressure-helping potassium. Oat milk has a creamy texture that very closely resembles that of real milk. Some oat milks are fortified with additional nutrients, such as vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D.” âAmy Gorin
Watch the video below to learn more about the pros and cons of oat milk:
- Flavor: Strawberry hibiscus
- Nutrition stats : 110 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 2 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar , 6 grams protein
- Taste: Something about this yogurt’s flavor threw me off, and it left me with a weird aftertaste. Upon trying another flavorâblueberryâI think it’s the slight tanginess.
- Texture: The texture of this yogurt is on-point. The oat milk gave it a creaminess and smoothness that’s on the same level as dairy yogurts.
- Other flavors available: Plain, blueberry, vanilla
You May Like: Do Probiotics Help With Menopause
Dairy Creamery Launches Vegan Oat
Dairy company and probiotic maker Nancys Probiotic Foods recently introduced vegan yogurt made from oat milk. Made from gluten-free oats and featuring billions of live non-dairy probiotics, the new line is available in four flavors and sold in 6-ounce and 24-ounce containers. As interest in plant-based options continues to grow, and as a company with a long heritage of probiotic innovation, it made sense to update and offer a new line of non-dairy products, Sheryl Kesey Thompson, Nancys co-owner and Vice President of Marketing, said. It was important for us to offer a creamy, great tasting plant-based product, while delivering both a protein boost and the beneficial live probiotics that Nancys is known for. The oat-milk yogurt is available at New Seasons Market, Safeway, Haggens, Central Markets, and independent co-ops across the United States. Nancys plans to expand distribution across the nation in the coming months.
Get FREE vegan recipes delivered to your inbox by signing up for our award-winning VegNews Recipe Club.
Why Go Dairy
Most of us grew up being told that milk was good for us, a grower of strong bones, healthy teeth, and thick hair. This link between dairy and health has been largely popularised by the dairy industry through campaigns such as Got Milk? Most humans cannot digest cows milk as we lack the correct digestive enzymes to process the milk protein, lactose. Milk has also been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer.
Dairy consumption has also been linked to digestive issues and inflammation, which is why so many athletes are ditching it in recent years. Several members the baseball team the LA Dodgers now follow a dairy-free diet, which they say aids in recovery time.
Is dairy the health food weve made it out to be?
While no major studies have been made about how dairy affects professional athletes, Dr. Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education at PCRM , told LIVEKINDLY that eating less dairy means less saturated fat. Saturated fat has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke, according to the American Heart Association.
Recommended Reading: Dr Formulated Probiotics Women’s Daily Care Side Effects