Best Probiotic For Pregnancy
Home> Probiotics> 7 Best Probiotic for Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the most taxing times for a womans body. Every expecting woman goes through a lot of hassle to provide all the essential nutrients to her developing baby.
The stress on bones because of additional weight to going through uncomfortable symptoms of pregnancy because of changing hormones are a few of the many reasons that make this period difficult yet beautiful.
The stress that comes if youre about to give birth for the first time is extremely scary and nerve-wracking. I remember how stressful it was for me when I had my first son Jack. It was strenuous and tough, but one thing that made a big difference was probiotics.
Even though I didnt have much experience with them back then, I remember how better they made me feel.
The following are the 7 BEST probiotics for pregnancy.
What Are The Recommended Prenatal Vitamins And Minerals
Prenatal vitamins and minerals are available over the counter and come in a wide variety of different formulations with different concentrations of nutrients. While it doesnt hurt to get a diverse range of vitamins and minerals in your system during pregnancy, the main vitamins and minerals recommended by doctors include:
How Do Probiotics Help Breastfeeding
Probiotics are live microorganisms that are similar to the microbes found in the human gut. They are found in some foods, such as yogurt and other fermented milk products, and can also be taken as supplements. Probiotics are thought to have several health benefits, including improving gut health and boosting the immune system.
Some research suggests that they may also help to improve lactation in breastfeeding mothers. For example, one study found that mothers who took a probiotic supplement during pregnancy and while breastfeeding had higher levels of breastmilk than those who did not take probiotics. Probiotics may also help to reduce the incidence of colic and other digestive problems in breastfed babies. Here are some of the benefits:
Read Also: When To Give Probiotics To Baby
Negatives Of Taking Probiotics When Nursing
Of course, there are always some downsides to taking any kind of supplement while nursing. Below are three common negative side effects of taking probiotics while youre still nursing your baby:
- While your stomach is upset from nursing, probiotics may make you more bloated than usual.
- Some nursing moms have experienced more PMS-like cramping from taking probiotics than they usually have.
- In very rare cases, probiotics may contain an ingredient that mom, baby or both may be allergic to, which could cause a reaction like hives.
Can Baby Probiotics Cause Gas
According to researchers, probiotics may actually help reduce gas in babies. Studies suggest babies the bacterial makeup is different in the stomachs of babies with colic, and researchers hypothesize that these differences may cause gas, bloating, and discomfort that leads to colic.
In a review of 12 studies to examine the effects of probiotics, researchers found that infants taking probiotics cried for about an hour less each daypossibly as a result of less gas pain.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Probiotic At Whole Foods
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process, fulfill and notify you of your product order status.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Best Probiotic For Pregnancy Reviews
- Proprietary formula
- May experience gastrointestinal sensitivity
Don’t Miss: What Do Vaginal Probiotics Do
Probiotics For Pregnant & Breastfeeding Women
If youre looking for a great probiotic supplement, check out these Probiotics for Pregnant & Breastfeeding Women . This supplement can help you improve your immune system as well as your babys and keep your digestive system running as smoothly as possible. Take this probiotic every day to help you deal with heartburn, cramps, gas, bloating, constipation and diarrhea and even to help your baby deal with these problems as well. You and your little one both are sure to get a ton of benefits from this affordable product!
- This is a very popular and well-selling product that many customers are quite happy with overall.
Many customers report this supplement helping cut back on gas and bloating for mom and baby both.
Some customers have gotten bad cramps from taking this probiotic.
Some customers have also reported having allergic reactions to this product, although this is very uncommon.
Possible Side Effects Of Probiotics While Breastfeeding
In the US, probiotics are sold as dietary supplements. They do not undergo the FDAs stringent testing and approval process mandatory for the regular drugs. . Therefore, you need to be extra careful and cognizant of the likely side effects of probiotics .
If you do not want probiotic supplements, then you can consume the naturally occurring probiotics in foods.
Recommended Reading: Does Probiotic Yogurt Help You Poop
Is It Time To Get A New Protein For Breastfeeding Moms
Youre looking for a new protein for breastfeeding moms. What do you think? Its difficult to predict future price changes. If there are no signs of production slowing, it can be worth buying now to enjoy your investment sooner. But if output is declining and prices are predicted to rise, you might want to wait until the buzz has died down before making a choice.
What Are Prenatal Vitamins
Thats where prenatal vitamins come into the picture. Prenatal vitamin and mineral supplements offer a wide range of nutrients, some of which are not easily found in your regular diet. This ensures that you and your developing baby get the right amount crucial nutrients for good health. However, its important to remember that prenatal vitamins are a complement to a regular healthy diet, not a replacement.
Many mothers may not know the exact type of prenatal vitamins to take, so here are some tips to help you figure out what to look for in the best prenatal vitamin.
Read Also: Probiotics Are Which Of The Following
How Many Probiotics Should Breastfeeding Moms Take
How many probiotics should breastfeeding moms take? While there is no definitive answer, most experts recommend consuming around 10-20 billion CFUs per day.
Probiotic supplements typically come in capsules or powders that can be in a mix easily into breastmilk or water added to breastmilk or water. Moms should start with a lower dose and increase gradually as needed. And as always, it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement.
Are Probiotics Safe For Children
From all the research into probiotics for children, no serious side effects have been found from taking a daily probiotic supplement . However, probiotics are not suitable for all children, especially those with medical conditions which may cause weakened immune systems.
Probiotics can cause side effects, including nausea, rashes, constipation or bloating. These are usually mild and temporary but will vary for each child.
Always take advice from your childs GP or Registered Dietitian prior to starting a new supplement or if you are concerned about any side effects.
Recommended Reading: What Do Probiotics Do For Me
Also Check: Can You Take Two Different Probiotics At The Same Time
Momma Prenatal Probiotics Mom & Baby Gut & Digestive Postpartum Nursing Morning Sickness Pregnancy Relief 18 Clinically Proven Strains 14 Billion Cfu Prebiotic 30 Mini Vegetarian Capsules
as of February 26, 2022 7:11 pm
- Total support & comfort during pregnancy. Enjoy comfortable, regular digestion, free of excess gas, bloating or constipation. Plus enjoy the peace of mind that comes with doing something great for your body and your developing child.
- We blend all our probiotic products at a cGMP Certified Laboratory to ensure a contaminant-free product. We wouldn’t have it any other way and neither should you.
- Each capsule is formulated with super ingredients for pregnant women and Baby with clinically validated Pro and Prebiotics for long-term gut wellness, reaching deep into the intestine.
- Pure natural formula and potency until expiration in 100% vegetarian easy-to-swallow DRcaps with delayed time release capsules that stay alive even without refrigeration, completely free of fillers, binders, and artificial ingredients. No gluten, wheat, dairy, or allergens. And of course, never tested on animals. Just a pure and tested product.
- Try our products without worry with our 100% Happiness & Heath Commitment. We’re confident that you will see results and be thrilled with your purchase. And through our Vitamin Angels 1-for-1 Match program, one bottle equals one year of vitamins for a child in need.
Benefits Of Probiotics During Pregnancy Backed By Research:
Group B Strep + Preterm Births
A 2018 review across 49 publications found that probiotics didnt pose an increased risk for preterm birth or any other dangers for both mom and baby. In fact, premature births can actually be triggered if mom doesn’t have enough healthy vaginal flora by allowing pathogenic bacteria to get into the amniotic fluid which can cause early contractions.
Several studies found that probiotics during pregnancy actually decrease the instances of group B step positive infections, which can lead to preterm delivery.
Research is mixed on oral probiotic effectiveness on the vaginal flora with suppositories seeming to work best .
Digestion + Constipation
One of the most obvious benefits of taking probiotics is that it can improve gut health. In particular, multi-strain probiotics can improve bacteria diversity in the gut which is critical for a healthy gut and better digestive health. Likewise, probiotics can improve constipation, a common issue pregnant women face.
Probiotics have long been touted for improving vaginal health. In particular, a good probiotic can help to decrease a womans chances of developing a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy. In particular, studies have shown that probiotics can prevent the growth of yeast and improve the vaginas pH level.
A probiotic while pregnant has been linked to improving the placenta health so baby has better nutrition in the womb.
Also Check: Which Probiotic Is Best For Stomach Bloating
Best Probiotics For Colic And Reflux In Babies
As any exhausted parent knows, having a colicky baby is both distressing and worrying. If your baby suffers with colic, youll be familiar with inconsolable crying, gas, fussiness and screams of pain. A growing area of interest is the role of the gut microbiome, and many parents and carers are considering the use of probiotics for colic. You can read more about probiotics in Dr Kate’s article Baby Probiotics.
In this article we discuss:
- How probiotics help with colic?
- Which are the best strains of probiotic to use?
- Whether probiotics can make colic worse?
- How to choose the best probiotic for colic?
The exact reason why some babies develop colic and reflux remains relatively unknown, however, growing evidence suggests that gut bacteria could play a role. Babies with colic may have lower levels of beneficial bacteria and higher levels of inflammation and these combined can cause digestive issues, including colic and reflux1.
Having lots of the right bacteria in your babys gut is very important on many levels. The prenatal environment, delivery method and genetics can all shape the babys gut, it is also suggested that probiotics play a key factor in physical, cognitive, social and emotional development2.
Recent research for baby probiotics suggests that certain strains of beneficial bacteria particularly Bifidobacterium, have been shown to reduce the symptoms often associated with colic3.
Which Are The Best Probiotic Strains For Colic And Reflux
We recommend finding probiotics which contain strains that have been researched in infants and babies, specifically for symptoms associated with colic and reflux.
Some of the best probiotics for babies include:
- Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® was shown to discourage the growth of pathogens associated with colic, help colonisation of the infant’s gut with healthy bacteria, whilst reducing gastrointestinal symptoms such as colic and reflux6.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG® was shown to reduce crying associated with colic and reflux symptoms whilst also helping with gastrointestinal infections7
Health professionals seeking more information on clinical research and further resources regarding probiotics and strain specificity, please head over to the individual strain entries on the Probiotics Database.
Read Also: 1 Md Complete Probiotics Platinum
Can Probiotics Harm A Developing Baby In Utero
Far from causing harm, prenatal probiotics have a lot of benefits for both mama and baby. A meta-analysis showed no increase in pregnancy complications or harm for mama or baby with probiotic use . Probiotics safe for pregnancy include strains like lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
One study found both lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains didnt negatively affect C-sections rates, birth weight or preterm birth .
What Probiotics Should I Take While On Antibiotics To Prevent Diarrhea
Ever finish that round of antibiotics and experience days of diarrhea? Yes, we have been there! No fun. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea is commonly experienced with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
So which probiotic should be taken to help with diarrhea prevention?
While the research is still growing, existing research points to use of the bacteria Lactobacillus rhamnosus in preventing the incidence of diarrhea and in treating other gastrointestinal disorders.
Saccharomyces boulardii, a beneficial yeast eating yeast, has also been shown to help prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children.
If you havent recently gone on an antibiotic, you may still benefit from another top-rated probiotic supplement for more baseline support.
You May Like: Azo Complete Feminine Balance Women’s Daily Probiotic
Best Probiotic For Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to nurture and protect your newborn. Your body does an amazing job of basically creating the perfect food for your infant in many ways.
While not every mother is able to, or interested in, breastfeeding their baby, for those that do there are some important steps you can take to ensure that the breastmilk your baby receives at all stages is as optimized for their health as possible.
One of the factors that you can easily control is learning about the best probiotic to take while breastfeeding.
Probiotics For Breastfeeding Moms Faqs
A lot of breastfeeding moms are curious about probiotics and whether theyre safe to take while breastfeeding.
It can be tough to figure out which probiotics are right for you, especially when youre still trying to learn all there is to know about breastfeeding.
Weve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions about probiotics and breastfeeding. This should help clear up some of the confusion and give you a better idea of whats safe for you and your baby.
Don’t Miss: How To Increase Probiotics In Breast Milk
Happy Gut = Happy Baby
A well-functioning gut microbiome affects babys brain, immune system, and gastrointestinal systems. When its not working like it should immune disease, allergies, and autism are just some of the symptoms.Probiotics during pregnancy not only reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disorders for baby, but can help prevent disease throughout their life .
The Science Behind The Survivability
Hyperbiotics PRO-Moms Has 15x More Survivability Than Capsules.
Let us explain
Probiotics help replenish the beneficial gut bacteria that may have been depleted as a result of modern life and they help support overall health and well-being.
However, studies show that without protection most probiotics entering the stomach won’t survive to reach optimal sites within the gastrointestinal tract. Most probiotic products retain only 4% of these sensitive organisms during passage through the stomach’s harsh environment.
The good news: with the patented BIO-tract® protection and time-release delivery, we have increased this number to a remarkable 60%.
Recommended Reading: Probiotics With Highest Number Of Strains
Lovebug Probiotics Postnatal Probiotic 30 Capsules 20 Billion Cfu Lactation Blend With Fenugreek Milk Thistle Fennel Vegan Non
as of February 26, 2022 7:11 pm
- 1 BOTTLE, 30 CAPSULES: Just take one acid-resistant capsule with a full glass of water first thing in the morning before eating food. Its as simple as that!
- FOR BREAST MILK PRODUCTION & ACID REFLUX RELIEF: Includes our proprietary lactation blend of Fenugreek Seed, Milk Thistle & Fennel Seed. Helps boost your natural production of B vitamins, including folate.*
- SUPPORTS POSTNATAL DIGESTIVE & IMMUNE HEALTH: Multi-strain formula including B Infantis & L Plantarum for a safe and effective way to support your digestive and immune health, support glucose levels already in a normal range, and support mental & emotional function.*
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Made in the USA, Non-GMO, Free of the 8 Major Allergens. Our proprietary formula uses only the best ingredients determined by our researchers to provide optimal benefits to new and nursing moms.
- LOVEBUG – THE TRUSTED NAME IN PROBIOTICS : Created by a mom, for moms & trusted by moms everywhere, our staged-line of probiotics has you covered for the whole family. All of our products are third-party tested and manufactured in cGMP registered facilities to the highest quality standards.