Vitamin Bounty Womens Pro
This supplement isnt age-specific but is formulated for womens vaginal, urinary, digestive, and immune health. It contains 5 strains of bacteria plus a prebiotic. This product is a little different because it incorporates the botanicals ashwagandha and black cohosh.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that can help the body cope with stress, and black cohosh may naturally help relieve menopausal symptoms. While many women find these helpful, theyre not indicated for everyone and can produce side effects.
Instead of an all-in-one supplement, you may have better results starting with a probiotic that targets your specific concerns then integrating specific botanicals into your routine that are most appropriate for your wellness goals.
- Dietary Considerations: Dairy-free, gluten and wheat-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free, vegan, non-GMO, organic
- Clinical Studies Using the Final Formulation: No
Best Probiotic Supplement For Women
If youre looking for a probiotic with all the above strains and youre a woman then BioTrust Pro-X10 is the absolute best choice. It contains 50 billion CFUs which is a bountiful amount, to say the least.
Most probiotic supplements are worthless since the probiotics die off before they ever reach your intestinal tract. But BioTrust uses patented microencapsulation technology that will help to provide five times more living probiotics to your gut. This can result in getting really great results in just days while others can take weeks or even months.
Another great benefit of BioTrust supplements is they contain nothing artificial in them. Their probiotic capsules are no artificial sweeteners and its completely non-GMO.
BioTrust Pro-X10 is equivalent to taking 50 billion CFUs of probiotics. This is a phenomenal amount of bountiful probiotics for your gut health.
BioTrust Pro-X10 also contains prebiotics which feeds the probiotics. Its been shown to help healthy gut bacteria flourish.
BioTrust is a GMP-certified facility, uses 3rd-party testing and their quality is always guaranteed.
Special Offer: If you want to try a free sample of BioTrust Pro-X10 then just
What is the best probiotic for women?
The Last Word
Supplementing with a probiotic every day can work wonders for weight loss, boost your mood, improve your immunity and restore the pH balance in your body.
Culturelle Natural Flora Supplement
If you’re unlucky enough to suffer with urinary tract infections as a side effect of sex, dehydration or even just a pair of tight jeans, you may need a supplement in your life. This one features Lactobacillus rhamnosus which has been proven to help rebalance womens’ vaginal PH in as little as 24 hours, as well as being safe for pregnant women. UTIs be gone!
Pros: LR live cultures are the most clinically studied strain, making Culturelle women’s probiotics a good choice for health anxious buyers compared to some newer brands.
Cons: Buyers may experience some minimal bloating initially, though this should fade with continued use.
Save money on probiotics from our buying guide to improve the health of your vaginal microbiome by using these Amazon discounts at checkout.
Don’t Miss: What Is Acidophilus Probiotic Good For
Probiotic Supplements For Older People
As we get older we can find it more difficult to swallow capsules for a variety of reasons, including having a dry mouth, which can influence our decision making when it comes to taking supplements. There are many different formats of probiotics available:
- Capsules these are small and easy to swallow but with the added advantage of being able to be opened and the contents sprinkled on to cool, non-acidic foods such as yoghurts.
- Powders these come in easy to use sachets and are dissolved in cool water or taken directly in the mouth.
- Gummies these are the easiest format to take. Just take one from the packet and chew it at the same time as your breakfast. The hardest part about them is just taking one as they are so delicious! Or maybe thats just me!
Conditions That Benefit From Probiotic Supplementation
Based on current research, the following gastrointestinal diagnoses benefit from probiotic supplements:
Antibiotics can sometimes create an imbalance, or dysbiosis, of microbes within the microbiome and trigger frequent loose stools, aka diarrhea. The goal of probiotic supplementation is to re-establish balance within the microbiome. To create this balance, research has shown that the use of Saccharomyces boulardii, a yeast-based probiotic, taken within 48 hours of the first dose of antibiotics can reduce the risk of antibiotic-induced diarrhea.
The AGA recommends that if a person is concerned with the cost of probiotics, and is not at risk for Clostridium difficile, a bacterial infection in the gut that impacts those who are immunocompromised, then they can go without supplementation as antibiotic-induced diarrhea is a temporary condition.
Some people with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases such as Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis may eventually need to have their entire colon and rectum removed. This is done via a procedure called Ileoanal anastomosis or J-pouch surgery. Once the J-pouch is in place, there is a risk of an infection known as Pouchitis.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Dr Ohhira’s Probiotics
The Gut Co Skin Health
Why we love it: You may have increasingly heard probiotics mentioned in relation to skincare – and you can now get everything from moisturisers to serums infused with them. This probiotic from The Gut Co, however, works like a traditional supplement to boost your complexion from within.
Pros: Research into the gut-skin axis is in its infancy, but there is early evidence that the bacterial strain Lactobacillus Rhamnosus SP1, which this contains, reduces the appearance of acne and the symptoms of inflammation and irritation associated with eczema and psoriasis.
Cons: If pregnant, breastfeeding, suffering from food allergies or under medical supervision, seek professional advice before using this product.
Why we love it: If youre not a fan of swallowing capsules, probiotics can also be taken in powder form. KÄLLA conveniently divide up each daily dose into separate sachets – and theyre completely tasteless so you can add them to water or food. Their Immune Health option, which has been tested in more than 20 clinical trials, contains a billion CFU, and also features defence-boosting and fatigue-fighting vitamins D3 and B12, as well as folic acid.
Pros: Its suitable for vegans and mixes well with water and smoothies.
Cons: Quite expensive.
By Fiona Ward
Renew Life Womens Probiotics
RenewLife probiotic contains 5 billion cultures and 12 scientifically studied probiotic strains. The formula is a blend of 12 specially selected strains to reflect the natural diversity of your gut. This probiotic helps restore womens digestive harmony. It also contains the potent lactobacillus formula that helps support vaginal health.
This probiotic is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. Refrigeration is recommended, but not required.
You May Like: Top Rated Probiotics For Bloating
Active Cultures And Cfus
When describing how many different types of good bacteria are in probiotics, the term active cultures is used. Youll also come across the term or acronym CFUs, meaning colony-forming units. This term is used to describe bacteria levels and how many are capable of dividing and forming colonies. These numbers are important because they determine how potent your product will ultimately be. That said, a higher number doesnt always mean better it depends on what your body needs. Your personal goals and overall sense of well-being help determine what CFU level is right for you.
If youre simply looking to increase overall health and give your digestive system a boost, a good range for a daily probiotic generally falls between 5 and 15 billion CFUs. However, higher levels can be effective when dealing with specific problems.
Best Probiotic For Menopausal Women
Provitalize is one of the few probiotic supplements targeted to menopausal women. Ironically we reviewed this product poorly in our Provitalize reviews article for the brands weight loss claims . However we would recommend it as a general probiotic for menopausal women.
This product has a clean formulation. Its probiotic blend contains three separate strains at a combined dose of 68.2 billion CFU, which weve already established to be an effective dose. One of the species of probiotics used has been shown in a 2021 animal study to alleviate postmenopausal symptoms.
For menopausal relief specifically, two ingredients seem to be effective choices. Turmeric extract is included at a dose of 350 milligrams , and black pepper extract is included at a dose of 3 mg.
Medical research proves that black pepper extract increases bioavailability of curcumin by up to 2000%. And early research suggests that curcumin may alleviate menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and anxiety.
There are no harmful filler ingredients in Provitalize.
The price of Provitalize at the time of writing is $44.10 for 30 servings, which equates to $1.47 per serving.
This product does not provide any relevant certifications or funded clinical trials.
Recommended Reading: What Time Of Day Should A Probiotic Be Taken
Vital Planet Vital Flora Women 55+ Daily Shelf Stable Probiotic Supplement With 60 Billion Cultures And 60 Strains Immune And Digestive Support Probiotics For Women With Prebiotic Fiber 60 Capsule
- Vital Flora Women 55+ Daily Shelf Stable Probiotic is designed as a once daily formula with delayed release capsules. This probiotic supplement contains 60 billion cultures and 60 strains per capsule with potency maintained until end of expiration.
- This is a Shelf Stable probiotic No refrigeration required. This probiotic formula contains high potency cultures and diverse strains to provide immune and digestive support for the body.
- Diverse Strains A healthy gut contains a highly diverse balance of good intestinal flora. Vital Flora contains multiple strains of Lacto and Bifido probiotics to more closely mirror the natural diversity of the human gut. Formulated to support the intestinal environment, and helps to maintain good gut health. Helps with occasional constipation.
- 7 Prebiotic Fiber Sources Organic prebiotic and fiber blend: containing organic potato resistant starch, organic acacia fiber, organic apple fiber, organic blue agave, organic guar gum, organic Jerusalem artichoke root, chicory root.
- Contains No GMOs, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, tree nuts, salt, shellfish, sugar, animal products, binders, fillers, or artificial ingredients.
Additional Info :
Viva Naturals Probiotics For Women At A Glance
Strains:Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus helveticus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium animalis lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus helveticus, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactococcus lactis, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus reuteri
CFU count: 50 billion
- Type: vegetarian caplets
This supplement features eight strains that may benefit womens health, including Lactobacillus reuteri, which limited research suggests may help reduce bone loss in older women .
NatureWise Womens Care Probiotics is a natural, non-GMO supplement thats also vegetarian and free of gluten and artificial additives, fillers, or binders.
The caplets ensure that live, active cultures are safely delivered to the intestinal tract for vaginal, urinary, digestive, and immune health.
According to NatureWise, all products are tested by an independent lab and manufactured in certified facilities that adhere to the CGMPs established by the FDA.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Biogaia Probiotic Drops
What To Look For In A Multivitamin
Keep these tips in mind as you browse through the many drugstore multivitamins that are available:
- âMake sure it meets your nutritional needs.â If you decide to take a multivitamin, look for one that has the key nutrients for people AFAB over 60 in amounts at or close to the RDA. For minerals such as calcium and magnesium, you may need to consider taking a separate supplement, if recommended by your doctor.
- âLook for third-party testing.â There’s not much oversight when it comes to supplements. To make sure you’re taking a good quality supplement, look on the label to see if it’s been tested by a third party, such as the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention , Shapiro says.
Bad For Gut Health: Fake Sweeteners
The best probiotics and foods restore bacterial balance, but others things disrupt it. And one culprit may be artificial sweeteners, says Dr. Kahan. One 2014 study in mice found that when mice ate certain zero-calorie sweeteners, the numbers and types of bacteria in their guts changedand not for the better. Mice in the study who were fed real sugar did not experience these negative changes.
You May Like: Best Dairy Free Yogurt With Probiotics
Recommended Reading: Probiotics That Cause Weight Gain
How Can Probiotics Help With Menopause
Probiotics help keep the body populated with the beneficial bacteria needed to help your body adjust to changing hormone levels. For many women, menopause brings on mood changes, weight gain, digestive woes, decreased energy, and an increase in certain infections. While the roller coaster of menopause-related changes tapers off over time, probiotics help ease the transition.
How To Choose A Probiotic
There are a few key factors to keep in mind when shopping for a probiotic supplement:
- Intended use. Probiotics are designed to address many health concerns. For example, some are specifically formulated to support digestive health, immune function, or reproductive health.
- CFU count. The number of colony-forming units in a probiotic supplement refers to the amount of live bacteria it contains. Most supplements provide 110 billion CFU per serving, though this can vary.
- Storage needs. Most probiotics are shelf-stable and can be stored at room temperature, while others require refrigeration because they are more sensitive to heat and moisture.
- Third-party testing. Selecting a probiotic that has been tested by an independent lab or certified by a third-party organization can help verify its safety, quality, and strength.
- Dietary restrictions. Some products may be certified gluten-free or vegan, which is a key consideration for those with strict dietary needs.
Remember that no two microbiomes are the same and probiotics may affect people differently. For this reason, it could take some trial and error to find a supplement that works for you.
A healthcare professional can offer personalized recommendations based on your needs to help you find a product thats right for you.
Also Check: Benefits Of Renew Life Probiotics
Culturelle Probiotics For Women
Culturelle Womens Healthy Balance contains five clinically proven strains and is one of the most affordable on our list.
This unique blend helps maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria in your body. It works naturally with your body to support vaginal, digestive and immune health in a convenient once daily vegetarian capsule.
What To Look For In A Probiotic
Since over-the-counter probiotics are supplements and not regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as drugs, its important to look for third-party certification. Third-party testing can ensure the product actually contains what it says it does, and that its free of harmful ingredients like heavy metals. Resources like ConsumerLab.com and Labdoor.com can provide information on a supplements certifications and testing.
And, as mentioned above, a probiotics health benefits are strain-specific. Speak with your doctor about which strain is best for you and your needs.
Read Also: Dr Mercola Probiotics 90 Capsules
Other Health Benefits Of Probiotics
A good product can help relieve and treat many health issues and ailments and not just for women.
- irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease
- vaginal health, vaginal flora and yeast infections
- digestive health and digestive system
- recurrent urinary tract infections
- immune health and immune function
Best Probiotics For Menopausal Women: Best Probiotic For Women Over 50
If you are a woman over 50 and feel as though are going through the menopause, a probiotic supplement can really help. Irregular periods, vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia are just some of the symptoms that can occur. This article lists the best probiotics for menopause for women in their 40s or 50s.
Also Check: Vive Biotics Super Probiotic Formula
Vh Essentials Probiotics With Prebiotics And Cranberry Feminine Health Supplement
$ as of December 18, 2021 1:28 am
- Daily probiotic for women helps support vaginal and digestive health.* 1 billion live probiotic cultures.
- With lactobacillus probiotic strains to support healthy vaginal and urinary tract health, support digestive balance and immune health.*
- Helps protect against occasional bloating, constipation, and digestive discomfort.*
- An advanced triple-layer softgel that protects probiotics from heat, air, moisture, and stomach acid to maximize survival and delivery to the intestine.
- No refrigeration required.
Read Also: Best Probiotic For Immune System
Oral Vs Suppository Probiotics
At this point, we know that its a good idea to look for the best probiotic for vaginal health, but it can get pretty confusing when we begin looking on the shelves. Currently, there are two ways to take probiotics for womens pH balance: oral or suppository. Oral probiotics are those you take by mouth, while suppository probiotics are those that one inserts vaginally. Both forms of vaginal probiotics .
You May Like: Vh Essentials Probiotic With Prebiotics And Cranberry
The Most Effective Probiotic Supplements In 2021
Discover which probitioic supplements are worth buying, and which ones to watch out for.
Linda is our resident health and nutrition expert who recently retired from a 14-year career in biomedical sciences to pursue writing and researching natural health and wellness. In her free time, Linda enjoys spending time with her community gardening club and harvesting her own vegetables and flowers.
Believe it or not, not all bacteria is bad. Our bodies are made up of both good and bad bacteria, and collectively, they form a very delicate microbiome that keeps our bodies running smoothly. Probiotics are the good bacteria that live in our bodies and help our bodies maintain a healthy balance1.
Our bodies are made up of about 39 trillion bacteria, and together, they help to protect our bodies and keep us healthy. Most of this bacteria lives in our gut and helps to expel bad bacteria, break down fibre, and produce vitamins like B12 and K2.
Research has determined that as much as 70% of our immune health lies in our gut, which is why maintaining our gastrointestinal health is essential for overall wellness3. However, our bodys gut flora is a delicate microbiome that is easily disrupted.
Sometimes our bodies balance may be thrown off by an increase in bad bacteria due to a number of environmental factors or lifestyle choices, for example pollution and unhealthy foods. One of the easiest and most effective ways to restore this balance is by taking a probiotic supplement.