Lactoflor Helico Protect Probiotic With Pylopass Which Counteracts The Helicobacter Pylori Bacteria + Zinc
- Pylopass is a proprietary strain of Lactobacillus reuteri which specifically coaggregates with Helicobacter pylori in the stomach to reduce the bacterial load. Pylopass is comprised of spray-dried L. reuteri cells and is stable in a wide range of applications for the end consumer market.
- The Pylopass strain of L. reuteri was identified after a detailed, multi-year screening process. It was selected as a highly specific binding antagonist to H. pylori among more than 700 wild-type strains of Lactobacillus species of the ORGANOBALANCE culture collection of several thousand food grade strains. Through a specific mechanism, Pylopass forms coaggregates with H. pylorito decrease the overall load in the stomach.
- The surface structures on Pylopass contain adhesion molecules that recognize and adhere to surface structures on H. pylori.
- After coaggregation in the stomach has occurred, the entire coaggregate is excreted from the body through the digestive tract. Pylopass specifically binds to H. pylori and does not alter the microflora of the gut.
Probiotics Support The Eradication Of H Pylori
New research has shown that probiotic supplementation can help kill the H. pylori bacteria. Its also been found that taking probiotics helps to prevent adverse symptoms associated with H. pylori treatment.
Researchers included 140 studies that involved over 20,000 patients in the meta-analysis. More than 10 kinds of probiotics and combinations were used, including Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
Researchers found that 84 percent of people who used probiotics managed to fully eradicate their H. pylori infection, while only 70 percent of those using antibiotics alone had achieved full eradication. The probiotics also reduced side effects.
In another study involving children with H. pylori infection, researchers compared the effects of triple therapy but placing the children into four groups: a S. boulardii plus inulin group, an L. acidophilus group, and a drug-free group.
The results showed that the children treated with probiotics ended up with significantly reduced levels of H. pylori, and that as many as 12% of the children showed complete eradication.
Broccoli Cauliflower And Cabbage
These 3 vegetables, especially broccoli, contain substances called isothiocyanates which can help prevent cancer and fight H. pylori,. They help to reduce the spread of this bacteria in the intestine. These vegetables are easy to digest and help reduce gastric pain that can arise during treatment. 70g of broccoli a day is recommended for the best results.
Also Check: Can Probiotics Help Acid Reflux
The Probiotic Lgg In H Pylori Eradication Therapy
One of the few other bacteria that can abide under the same gastric circumstances as H. pylori , being resistant to acid and bile , is LGG and its generic variant LRY. The probiotic bacterium LGG is worlds best documented probiotic bacterium, with many unique characteristics and reported health benefits . Especially to provide access to this bacterium for people in developing countries, the LRY has been incorporated in an affordable probiotic starter culture that enables local communities to make their own probiotic fermented food . H. pylori can be inhibited in a dose dependent manner by LRY through several pathways, as discussed below, and hence may play a role in the reduction of H. pylori related gastric pathology in East Africa .
Currently, the standard method to eradicate H. pylori is a three-component therapy treatment that combines acid suppression with two antibiotics for 1 week. This method is also used in East Africa for those who can afford it . However, H. pylori becomes increasingly resistant against this therapy, and the success rates are dropping below 70% . Furthermore, the therapy typically has low patient compliance due to many side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, bloating, and abdominal pain . The European Helicobacter Study Group recently acknowledged that certain probiotics show promising results as an adjuvant treatment in reducing side effects of the antibiotic therapy .
In Vitro And Animal Studies
A 1995 study reported inhibition of H. pylori growth by L. acidophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii, the latter being a typical milk bacterium found in yogurt cultures.12 Another study examined Clostridium butyricum, a bacterium found among human normal flora, against H. pylori in vitro and in mice. This group showed inhibition of H. pylori adhesion to gastric epithelial cells and cure of H. pylori infection in the mice.7
Medication To Prevent Ulcers
Various medications can lower the risk of getting a peptic ulcer. These include, in particular, drugs called proton pump inhibitors and H2 blockers. Both of these types of drugs reduce the production of stomach acid. In Germany, the most commonly used PPIs are omeprazole and pantoprazole. The H2 blocker that is normally used is ranitidine.
The hormone-like drug misoprostol is sometimes used too, although less often. One of the things misoprostol does is increase the production of gastric mucus, which helps protect the stomach wall. In Germany, misoprostol is available as a combination drug together with the painkiller diclofenac.
Dont Miss: How To Treat Oral Ulcers
Mastic Gum For H Pylori
There have been studies2 done on taking Mastic gum for H pylori with some success. It is worth noting that some dosages were more effective than others and it didnt cure everyone but it when taken at a level of350 mg, three times a day, for fourteen days some of the group did have the Helicobacter pylori killed off.
So if it works for you then that is great news.
Good quality mastic gum should have a strong pungent smell when the container is opened. The a-terpineol and -methyl isoeugenol in mastic gum have been successful against four different H pylori strains.3
Centers for Disease Control
1. Chao-Hung Kuo, Sophie S. W. Wang, Chien-Yu Lu, Huang-Ming Hu, Fu-Chen Kuo, Bi-Chuang Weng, Chun-Chieh Wu, Chung-Jung Liu, Pei-Yun Tsai, Tsung-Cheng Lee, Li-Wei Chen, Kuang-Hung Cheng, Lin-Li Chang, and Deng-Chyang Wu. Long-Term Use of Probiotic-Containing Yogurts Is a Safe Way to Prevent Helicobacter pylori: Based on a Mongolian Gerbils Model. Biochem Res Int. 2013 2013:594561. doi: 10.1155/2013/594561. Epub 2013 Nov 21.C
2. Dabos KJ, Sfika E, Vlatta LJ, Giannikopoulos G. The effect of mastic gum on Helicobacter pylori: a randomized pilot study. Phytomedicine. 2010 Mar 17:296-9. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2009.09.010. Epub 2009 Oct 29.
Recommended Reading: Do You Take Prebiotics And Probiotics Together
Read Also: Best Probiotics For Toddlers Immune System
+ Ways To Naturally Support H Pylori Treatment
SelfHacked has the strictest sourcing guidelines in the health industry and we almost exclusively link to medically peer-reviewed studies, usually on PubMed. We believe that the most accurate information is found directly in the scientific source.
We are dedicated to providing the most scientifically valid, unbiased, and comprehensive information on any given topic.
Our team comprises of trained MDs, PhDs, pharmacists, qualified scientists, and certified health and wellness specialists.
All of our content is written by scientists and people with a strong science background.
Our science team is put through the strictest vetting process in the health industry and we often reject applicants who have written articles for many of the largest health websites that are deemed trustworthy. Our science team must pass long technical science tests, difficult logical reasoning and reading comprehension tests. They are continually monitored by our internal peer-review process and if we see anyone making material science errors, we don’t let them write for us again.
Our goal is to not have a single piece of inaccurate information on this website. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please leave a comment or contact us at
Ulcer Prevention And Suppression By Lgg
Apart from its role as co-supplement during H. pylori eradication therapy, LGG has a direct inhibitory effect on H. pylori and has the potential to directly prevent and reverse gastric pathology in East African populations. Accordingly, in a review of 13 clinical trials reporting on the activity of probiotics on H. pylori, Hamilton-Miller concludes that probiotics can reduce the severity of H. pylori induced pathology, but are not able to eradicate H. pylori completely. Three distinct pathways in which LGG counteracts H. pylori-induced gastric pathology in the stomach and duodenum can be discriminated: competition for binding sites between LGG and H. pylori, attenuation of the hosts H. pylori-induced apoptosis, inflammation responses and stimulation of angiogenesis, and production of anti-microbial substances such as lactic acid.
What If A Peptic Ulcer Doesnt Heal
Most often, medicines heal a peptic ulcer. If an H. pylori infection caused your peptic ulcer, you should finish all of your antibiotics and take any other medicines your doctor prescribes. The infection and peptic ulcer will heal only if you take all medicines as your doctor prescribes.
When you have finished your medicines, your doctor may do another breath or stool test in 4 weeks or more to be sure the H. pylori infection is gone. Sometimes, H. pylori bacteria are still present, even after you have taken all the medicines correctly. If the infection is still present, your peptic ulcer could return or, rarely, stomach cancer could develop. Your doctor will prescribe different antibiotics to get rid of the infection and cure your peptic ulcer.
Best Lactose Free Igo Probio Immuni
- Per serving : 80 calories, 2.5 g fat , 50 mg sodium, 12 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 3 g protein
- Probiotic strains: 1 Billion+ BB-12® Bidobacterium Lactis
This yogurt has no preservatives, no artificial colours or flavours, and is gluten-free. It contains more than 1 billion active probiotic cultures per 100 gram serving and comes in 4 flavours- strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and vanilla.
It contains zero lactose, making it a great option for people with sensitivities or allergies, however it is important to keep in mind that since it is flavoured, it has a higher sugar content than other plain options.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Inexpensive Probiotic
Probiotics As Adjuvant Therapy In Standard Eradication Protocols
However, more recent studies published by Song et al and Zojaji et al didnt confirm positive impact of S. boulardii on eradication rate. In Songs study 991 H. pylori infected patients were recruited. Patients in group A were treated only with two antibiotics and proton pump inhibitor, in group B S. boulardii was added for one month, and in group C the same regimen was used and in addition mucoprotective agent DA-9601 derived from Artemisia asiatica was concomitantly prescribed. Interestingly, the eradication rate was significantly higher in group B and C compared to group A only if intention to treat analysis was performed , whereas the eradication rate difference of per protocol patients analysis was not significant. The conclusion was that supplementation with S. boulardi could be effective for improving eradication rates by reducing adverse effects thus helping completion of eradication therapy. Zojaji et al included 160 adult patients. In the study protocol the probiotic S. boulardii was added to clarithromycin, amoxicillin and omeprazole for two weeks. The study showed that probiotics decrease the frequency of adverse events due to antibiotic therapy, but didnt increase the eradication rate of H. pylori.
You May Like: Would Probiotics Help With Gas
What To Avoid Eating During Treatment
During treatment it is important to avoid eating foods that can irritate the stomach or that may stimulate the secretion of gastric juice, as well as foods that worsen side effects. It is important to avoid eating the following:
- Coffee, chocolate and black tea, because they contain caffeine, a substance that stimulates stomach movement and gastric juice secretion, causing more irritation
- Soft drinks and fizzy drinks, as they distend the stomach and can cause pain and acid reflux
- Alcoholic beverages, because they increase stomach inflammation
- Sour fruits like lemon, orange and pineapple, as they can cause stomach pain and heartburn
- Pepper and spicy foods such as garlic, mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcester sauce, soy sauce, garlic sauce and stock cubes
- Fatty meats, fried foods and yellow cheeses, because they are rich in fat, which makes digestion difficult and increase the time that food stays in the stomach
- Processed meats and canned foods, as they contain a lot of preservatives and chemical additives that can irritate the stomach and intestine, increasing inflammation.
Therefore, drinking more water and eating white cheeses and fresh fruits that can help to reduce stomach inflammation and regulate intestinal transit is recommended.
Also Check: Best Probiotic For Weight Loss 2020
Amazing Formulas Mastic Gum 1000 Mg Per Serving 60 Capsules
- Mastic gum is a natural resin exuded by the bark of the Mediterranean Mastic tree . Mastic gum is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mastic gum is a very useful supplement for digestive health and may help to combat issues such as heartburn, indigestion etc. It may help to reduce stomach acid and protect the lining of the stomach and intestine.
- Our Mastic Gum Capsules supports healthy respiratory function, oral health and blood circulation.
- All Amazing Nutrition products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices , among the highest standards in the world.
- All our products are proudly made in USA with Guaranteed Purity & Potency. We offer best quality products for the best value. All our products are Third Party Tested. We DO NOT compromise on quality. All Amazing Nutrition products are free of Artificial ingredients, Stearates, Sulphates, Dioxides and Laurates.
Inoculation Of Drugs And Lactobacilli To Animals
In all of the 9 treated groups, bismuth and omeprazole were inoculated during the first week after H. pylori inoculation. Then, in the second week, the mice were treated by gavage with the following: L. acidophilus , L. plantarum , L. rhamnosus , L. acidophilus and L. plantarum , L. acidophilus and L. rhamnosus , L. rhamnosus and L. plantarum, all three Lactobacillus strains , and clarithromycin . In group 9, only bismuth and omeprazole were inoculated.
Also Check: Best Strains Of Probiotics For Weight Loss
Five Tips For Choosing A Probiotic
Another way is to look for these five tips of what a good probiotic product should have on the label . If the probiotic doesnt meet all five criteria, you should just put it back on the shelf and choose another probiotic.
What Kind Of Yogurt Is Good For Stomach Ulcer
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Yogurt seems to be safe in breast-feeding women when used in normal food amounts, but researchers havent adequately studied the safety of intravaginal use of yogurt during breast-feeding. Its best to avoid intravaginal use if you are nursing.
Weakened immune system: There is some concern live bacteria in yogurt might reproduce unchecked, causing illness in people with weakened immune systems, such as people with HIV/AIDS or organ transplant recipients. Lactobacillus in yogurt has caused disease, but rarely, in people with weakened immune systems. To be on the safe side, if you have a weakened immune system, avoid eating large amounts of yogurt that contain live bacteria for prolonged periods of time without advice from your healthcare professional.
Don’t Miss: Garden Of Life Probiotics Once Daily Ultra
Plantain Can Help Prevent Ulcers
This large, green, banana-like fruit is starchy and sticky in texture. It helps to soothe inflamed and irritated mucous membranes and has some antibacterial properties to boot. Studies on rats with ulcers caused by daily aspirin use have shown that unripe green plantain can both prevent the formation of ulcers and help to heal them. Plantain works its magic best when its unripe.
Recommended dose: Until human studies determine the amount that might help, use the fruit as they do in Latin America, where green plantain is eaten boiled like a potato. Avoid fried plantain, as the fat can aggravate ulcers.
Here are the 50 best foods for your heart.
Brief Communicationclinical Application Of Probiotics In The Treatment Of Helicobacter Pylori Infectiona Brief Review
The role of probiotics in the treatment of gastrointestinal infections is increasingly being documented as an alternative or complement to antibiotics, with the potential to decrease the use of antibiotics or reduce their side effects. Although antibiotics-based Helicobacter pylori eradication treatment is 90% effective, it is expensive and causes antibiotic resistance associated with other adverse effects. Probiotics have an in vitro inhibitory effect on H. pylori. Animal studies demonstrated that probiotic treatment is effective in reducing H. pylori-associated gastric inflammation. About 12 human studies investigated the efficacy of combinations of antibiotics and probiotics, whereas 16 studies used probiotic alone as an alternative to antibiotics for the treatment of H. pylori infection. Most of the studies showed an improvement of H. pylori gastritis and decrease in H. pylori colonization after administration of probiotics. However, no study could demonstrate complete eradication of H. pylori infection by probiotic treatment. Probiotic combinations can reduce adverse effects induced by H. pylori eradication treatment and, thus, have beneficial effects in H. pylori-infected individuals. Long-term intakes of products containing probiotic strains may have a favorable effect on H. pylori infection in humans, particularly by reducing the risk of developing disorders associated with high degrees of gastric inflammation.
- Previous article in issue
You May Like: Garden Of Life Raw Probiotics Ultimate Care Review