Non Dairy Probiotics: 7 Options For Vegans And Dairy Free Consumers
Yogurt is often the first item to come to mind when it comes to probiotic-rich foods. While certainly a healthy source, this isnt an option for some people, particularly those who are lactose-intolerant or abiding by a strict vegan diet. Fortunately, there are other foods beyond yogurt that contain ample beneficial bacteria. Expand your options with these dairy free probiotics.
Deva Nutrition Vegan Probiotic Capsules
Deva Vegan Probiotic with FOS uses a special strain of bacteria called Bacillus Coagulans to help in synthesizing vitamins, fortify the immune system, and fight off bad bacteria. Other ingredients include Cellulose, Vegan Capsule , Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silica. At $11.80, its the most economical probiotic on our list. It has 4.5/5 on Amazon, with
Melanie says: I feel like this is working. I have taken other probiotic before that worked for all the symptoms I need them for but I went vegan and they contain milk so I can not take them anymore. This works for all symptoms but one with me. They keep me regulated and they dont make me sick like other probiotic have before.
Yofix Probiotics Launches Dairy
Yofix Probiotics, the winner of PepsiCos European Nutrition Greenhouse Programme 2018, has launched its first dairy-free, soy-free yogurt alternative line with three fruit flavours.
Yofix Probiotics, the winner of PepsiCos European Nutrition Greenhouse Programme 2018, has launched its first dairy-free, soy-free yogurt alternative line with three fruit flavours. The products are based on what the company claims is a unique, clean-label formula made from just a few natural ingredients. It is traditionally fermented and contains live probiotic cultures plus the prebiotic fibres that feed them.
Read Also: When Should I Take My Probiotic
Renew Life Ultimate Flora Kids Probiotic
This is one of the most popular kids brands of probiotics, and its a great dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free option. Both kids and adults seem to like the berry-licious flavor. If your child prefers gummies, Renew Life does make Ultimate Flora Kids Probiotic Gummies. They are also dairy-free and well-loved for taste and texture, but they do contain wheat and gelatin and have less probiotics than these chewables.
- Bacteria Strains: Bacillus coagulans, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus plantarum
- Bacteria Count: 3 billion
- Product is Labeled As: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free
- Storage: Shelf-stable but best if refrigerated
This is a pediatric product, formulated specifically for kids, and recommended for ages 1 and up. But many adults love this probiotic too. Powders like this can be added to smoothies or spreads for a seamless, pill-free delivery.
- Bacteria Strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bacteria Count: 2.25 billion
- Product is Labeled As: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Hypoallergenic
- Storage: Refrigerated
What Is The Best Non Dairy Gluten Free Ice Cream
March 25, 2022 by Stan T.
All the non dairy gluten free ice cream available in the market are not the best, plenty of options are available out there, but the tricky part is judging them and grabbing the best one. Find out what are your needs of you and then choose non dairy gluten free ice cream that fits those needs. The best non dairy gluten free ice cream is the one that helps you to get the job done easily and as per your expectations.
Here we have listed some of the best license plates along with their best positive feedback from the verified purchased users. Obviously, these reviews are valid and solid, which we made sure of. So now lets check a sort comparison table.
Read Also: What Is A Spore Probiotic
Renew Life Adult Probiotics 50 Billion Cfu Guaranteed 12 Strains For Men & Women Shelf Stable Gluten Dairy & Soy Free 60 Capsules Ultimate Flora Extra Care
- WORLD CLASS STRAINS BACKED BY SCIENCE: Probiotics formulated by an expert team: neuroscientists and microbiologists, with the number 1 Dr. Preferred Probiotic Strain for Respiratory Health Pack may vary
- MORE CLINICALLY STUDIED STRAINS: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Extra Care 50 Billion CFU Probiotic, for men and women, has more clinically studied strains than the leading brand, satisfaction guaranteed
- DIGESTIVE AND IMMUNE SUPPORT FOR ADULTS: This probiotic supplement supports digestive and immune health with 50 billion live cultures from 12 different probiotic strains, in a smaller, easier-to-swallow capsule
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: This daily probiotic for women and probiotic for men contains a blend of 12 different strains, including the number 1 most studied strain Gluten free, dairy free, soy free and Non-GMO Project Verified
Garden Of Life Probiotic Supplement Capsules For Women Dr Formulated Once Daily For Digestive Health Shelf Stable 30 Count
Read Also: What Does Probiotics Do For Kids
How Long Does It Take For Me To Experience Improvement In My Digestion After Taking Sho Balance
Natural probiotics are not drugs, and they are not supposed to change the balance of your digestive tract overnight the effects of improved regularity and immunity also vary by individuals diet and lifestyle. With Lactobacillus Casei K-1 vegan probiotics in sho BALANCE, studies have shown that detoxification and improved regularity may be experienced as early as a few days to a few weeks Better balanced gut flora is also linked with improved immune health which may or may not be noticeable. For best results and maintained regularity, take 2 Spheri-Gels daily or more for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Ora Trust Your Gut Vegan Probiotics
Its hard to find dairy-free probiotic supplements with L. reuteri, which has been touted for womens health. So this vegan brand is a find. I only wish it contained L. rhamnosus too. Nonetheless, it does contain organic prebiotics from Jerusalem artichoke.
- Bacteria Strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus reuteri, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum
- Bacteria Count: 16 billion
- Product is Labeled As: Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
- Storage: Shelf-stable
You May Like: Culturelle Probiotic Safe For Pregnancy
Are They Good For Constipation
The vegan probiotics Lactobacillus Casei K-1 in sho BALANCE helps balance intestinal floras microbial environment, and its clinically researched to improve bowel movements for those who are constipated in terms of stool frequency, amount, and shape. Taking it with a healthy, balanced, high fiber diet is very important to maintain your gut health and regularity.
Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder Vanilla Bean 21g Of Protein Vegan Low Net Carbs Gluten Free Lactose Free No Sugar Added Soy Free
- Includes 1 orgain organic plant based vanilla bean protein powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein , 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net carbs, 0 grams of added sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when baking to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
Reviews from Real Users
I’ve been using this for about a year. I have tried about everything out there andfor the money…and being plant based…in my opinion it’s right up there withthe top name brands for a lot less cost. I mix it with Organic raspberries, blueberries, 1/2 ofbanana, Green Vibrance and self ground Flax Seed plus some high potency mutli vitamins withminerals and Ubiqunol. I usually am never tired and have energy that keeps me going untilfairly late at night.I’m going to be 70 and something has to be helping me and I believe it isthis regiment. Good luck and God Bless
Don’t Miss: Do Probiotics Help Keep You Regular
Garden Of Life Dr Formulated Probiotics Organic Kids+ Plus Vitamin C & D Chewables Tablets Gluten Dairy & Soy Free Immune & Digestive Health Supplement No Added Sugar Berry Cherry 30 Count
- No refrigeration required
- Digestion support: This 5 billion CFU once daily probiotic supplement contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium for digestive health
- Immune support: 5 billion CFU and 14 probiotic strains in one chewable tablet for immune system health
- Whole food vitamins: One a day tasty organic berry, cherry flavor chewable probiotic for kids contain organic alma for vitamin C, cranberry, and vitamin D
- Prebiotic supplement: This prebiotic and probiotic supplement contains organic Acacia fiber to help good bacteria thrive. Diary free
The Best Sources Of Probiotics For Vegans
Supplements make the sources of best Probiotics for vegans since these contain the right amount of Probiotics. Today, many brands are manufacturing vegan dietary supplements including Probiotics. Some of these come in a chewy gummy form while some are tablets and capsules.
When it comes to finding Probiotics from vegan foods, the options are not as much as the non-vegan foods. However, there are some fruits and vegetables that contain Probiotics in a large amount.
Sauerkraut: It is a fermented cabbage dish rich in Probiotics. You can have it as a crunchy and sour condiment or salad. The Probiotic strain in this dish is the Lactobacillus bacteria on cabbage. The other nutrients you gain from this dish are potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
Kimchi: It is another popular fermented cabbage dish rich in Probiotics, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Pickled Vegetables: As Probiotics are mostly sourced from fermented foods, pickled vegetables make a great source of it. Cucumbers, carrots, radishes, green beans, cauliflower, and red bell peppers are some great options if you want to make pickle.
Banana: As a good source of Probiotics, banana activates friendly probiotic bacteria found in yogurt and kefir.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Know If Probiotics Are Working
What Are The Benefits Of Probiotics
Probiotics, as good microorganisms, benefit us in many ways.
- Probiotics help balance the friendly bacteria in our digestive system. Hence, they can help us prevent and treat common digestive disorders and diseases like diarrhea.
- Sometimes, taking too many antibiotics can negatively affect the balance of good and bad bacteria in the body. Probiotics can help us reducing its severity and gradually feel good.
- Probiotics are associated with our mood and mental health. Some studies find that probiotic supplements can improve some mental health disorders as well. People who are battling with depression have felt much better from the daily intake of Probiotics supplement.
- Probiotics help to lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure in the body and keep our heart healthy.
- Probiotics have shown positive results to reduce the severity of allergies and eczema in children and infants.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease can make things worse. Certain types of Probiotics from the Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus strains have shown miraculous results in improving the health of people with mild ulcerative colitis.
- Finally, Probiotics can boost our immune system and help us to reduce body weight. Studies show how effectively Probiotics can reduce belly and body fat.
If ever you are looking for gaining some healthy fats to look fit and healthy, you can try out vegan weight gainers for the same.
Is Pb8 The Right Probiotic Supplement For You
I can help you can decide if this probiotic supplement fits your needs. What I will say from personal experience with it that it was one of the first probiotic supplements I took when it was still manufactured by Nutrition Now many years ago. At the time, I liked that they offered a gluten-free, dairy-free supplement that said so right on the label when I was trying to navigate the scary gluten-free world. Unlike today’s circumstances, before the words “gluten-free” were nearly common knowledge and had a meaning, it was very hard to find products I could trust. I trusted this product.
Today, however, my opinion has changed. The lack of available information about quality control and a visible product information presence, in my opinion, is concerning, and I doubt it is the best supplement on the market. Note that I did not pursue calling the number to ask a number of questions because I feel that transparency with consumers is a must, especially in this digital age.
If you are considering taking this supplement, I suggest you call the company to have any of your concerns addressed. I encourage you to consider the professional supplements from companies with transparency and well-documented quality control and testing standards that are available from my dispensary.
In addition to taking a supplement, I encourage you to explore the world of naturally-fermented whole foods and drinks and probiotic-fortified foods and drinks.
Recommended Reading: New Rhythm Probiotics Where To Buy
Whats The Vegan Probiotics In Sho Balance
sho BALANCE promotes colon health, regularity and immunity with clinically proven effective vegan probiotics called Lactobacillus Case K-1. L. Casei K-1 is derived from fermented rice and is both dairy free and gluten free. One single dose of two sho Balance Spheri-Gels contain potent 100 billion CFU, clinically studied to have detoxification and regularity effects when taken daily for at least 14 days. The addition of prebiotic FOS, spirulina, flaxseed oil and olive oil further enhances intestinal balance and immune function.
Renew Life #1 Women’s Probiotics 25 Billion Cfu Guaranteed 12 Strains Shelf Stable Gluten Dairy & Soy Free 30 Capsules Feminine Health Ultimate Flora Women’s Care
- Join thousands of women in discovering the number 1 selling probiotic for women, with 25 billion cultures and 12 scientifically studied probiotic strains
- HIGH-QUALITY GUARANTEE: Renew Life is rated the number 1 probiotic brand in consumer satisfaction for 2018, guaranteeing quality, purity and potency through expiration. Made in the USA using only the highest quality global ingredients
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH: With a blend of 12 specially selected strains to reflect the natural diversity of your gut, this womens probiotic helps restore digestive harmony and is gluten free, dairy free and soy free
- IMMUNE AND VAGINAL PROBIOTIC: Did you know your gut is home to 70% of your immune system. Womens Care probiotic for women supports both digestive and immune health, plus the potent Lactobacillus formula helps support vaginal health
- SHELF STABLE PROBIOTIC: For this probiotic supplement for women, refrigeration is recommended, but not required, so stick it in the fridge only if you want to
You May Like: Do Probiotics Help You Lose Stomach Fat
Best Dairy Free Probiotics For Adults
With the need to get an alternative source of probiotics for those who are unable to consume those availed by the dairy products, it is vital to have a look at what options are available. These options may be consumable based on the age and digestive capacity of the individual, as such, adults may be able to consume some while infants may not.
According to Science direct, in a research on food microbiology, a study was done into nondairy probiotic products. In this study it was noted that there are traditional foods that are not dairy based which avail probiotic potential. For instance, Ginger beer is considered a source of probiotics that is non-dairy. Considered a traditional drink, ginger beer is cultured in a symbiotic culture that includes bacteria and yeast. This is one form of preparing it.
Another form is by powdering the ginger and then mixing it with sugar. This encourages the building of wild bacteria and yeast. They lead to brewing a drink that is rich in probiotics that is also wholesome and a good alternative to dairy probiotics.
Vega One Organic Chocolate Meal Replacement Protein Powder Vegan Plant Based Superfood Vitamins Probiotics Dairy Free Gluten Free Pea Pro
- MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE, blend a serving of Vega One with your favorite nut butter or a serving of fruit to make a delicious plant-based meal replacement smoothie for women and men on the go.
- 20 grams of vegan protein from organic pea protein powder, organic sunflower seed and organic pumpkin seed. Contains all nineessential amino acids.
- More than just protein: 50% DV of 8 vitamins and minerals per serving, plus 4 grams of fiber, 500miligrams of Omega-3 ALA, Antioxidants and Probiotics . From real, organic plant-based ingredients.
- Certified USDA organic protein powder is vegan certified, vegetarian, gluten-free, low glycemic, non-dairy, and lactose free and Non-GMO Project verified. Vega One has no grains, no added sugar, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
- This blend of greens and superfoods includes organic chard, kale, broccoli, spirulina, blueberries and pomegranate.
- SHAKE, BLEND OR BAKE. Shake with 1-1/2 cups of ice-cold water or beverage of your choice. Blend into your favorite recipe for a delicious vegan protein shake with smooth taste and texture. Bake with Vega One by swapping for 1/8 to 1/4 of the flour in sweet baking recipes.
Recommended Reading: Best Probiotics For Alopecia Areata
Rebalance By Doctor Stern
Rebalance by Dr. Stern contains no allergens, and is derived from 12 different probiotic strains. designed not only to add good gut bacteria but also have reduced amounts of oxygen, to nourish the good bacteria already in the gut and help keep them alive. $31.47, its one of the more expensive options. It has a 4.5 Amazon rating
Arabella says: Still works for me. As a vegan amateur bodybuilder, this helps a lot with my digestion process. I eat about 2000-2200 calories and before taking this, I always had stomach pains/bloating. Now after taking these injunction with my CLAs and tracking my food, theres been no stomach issues since.