Benefits Of Dog Ownership
Axe is also a big fan of dog ownership. Owning a dog can help reduce a childs chances of allergies, he writes. Those pup paws bring in a diverse range of microbes from the outdoors, helping to prime a young immune system.
What Axe feels is common sense may or may not answer one of the great debates of the last two decades: Why do so many millennials have allergies?
Axe is not alone in believing that kids need to play outside and not have their fruits and veggies cleaned so scrupulously.
Why Eating Dirt Should Be Part Of Your Daily Routine
The following is an adapted excerpt from my book Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It
Is eating dirt part of your diet? Before you get a bad taste in your mouth, consider this: If you were to take away the water in our bodies, youd be left with mostly dirt. Its true.
Were made of 60 of the most abundant elements in the Earths crust, an amalgam of its elements, including oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus, with traces of potassium, sulfur, sodium, iron and magnesium. All of these elements come together to make a living, breathing human being.
Now, when I say eat dirt, Im not ordering you to actually scoop up a handful of soil and eat it. True, ensuring you get daily micro-exposures to soil-based organisms in dirt and other plant life is important for your health. But I urge you to embrace the idea of eating dirt as a broader philosophy, an overarching principle I teach my patients when I talk to them about how to treat leaky gut syndrome and feel better again.
Youtheory Spore Probiotic Advanced 60 Vegetarian Capsules No Refrigeration Required
- THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN PROBIOTICS: Not all probiotics are the same. Spore based antibiotics resist stomach acid making them more likely to survive and thrive until it reaches the intestinal tract to provide maximum benefits.
- TUMMY TLC: This highly effective probiotic combination offers a potent 6 billion CFU, plus Triphala Blend that includes three detoxifying nutrients that help improve digestive health.
- THE BEST OF NATURE AND SCIENCE: Youtheory Spore Probiotic offers a highly beneficial combination that includes prebiotics: essential food for beneficial bacteria. It helps support gut health, balance your mood, and boost your energy.
- HEALTH BEGINS WITHIN: Be the best version of you and live life to the fullest with high-quality Youtheory supplements that help support gut health, balance your mood, boost your energy and support healthy sleep
- THE RIGHT CHOICE: Vegan, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and contains No Gluten Ingredients. Made in USA
Also Check: Metagenics Ultra Flora Balance Probiotic
Organic Liquid Probiotics By Maryruth’s
- 100% ORGANIC, 100% Raw, Non-GMO, Vegan, Paleo, Ketogenic, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Corn Free, Soy Free, Nut Free. Bariatric and Celiac Friendly.
- SUPPORTS IMMUNITY and effective to use with weight maintenance programs. Supports Digestive Problems: Constipation, Diarrhea, Gas, Bloating, IBS and other gastrointestinal complaints.
- FORMULATED BY Certified Health Educator, Nutritional Consultant, Culinary Chef MaryRuth Ghiyam. #1 Best Selling Liquid Probiotics Nationwide. Made in a GMP compliant facility in a 4oz GLASS BOTTLE. Mother-daughter owned company.
- ALLERGY WARNING: Sourced from three Organic Grasses. We care about all our customers! Please review our ingredients and the Supplement Facts chart carefully to ensure you do not have any sensitivities. Children under 12, seniors over 65, and pregnant or lactating women should always consult with a physician or healthcare professional prior to use. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.
Vitamin Bounty Pro 50 Probiotic With Prebiotics
- 50 BILLION ORGANISMS – Vitamin Bounty’s Pro 50 offers a potent 50Billion organisms per serving, making it one of the most effective probiotics with prebiotics on the market.
- 13 PROBIOTIC STRAINS – Unlike other probiotics that only contain 1 or 2 probiotic strains, Pro-50 has 13 probiotic strains, ensuring you will get the support you need for your overall digestive health.
- DELAYED RELEASE CAPSULE – Pro-50 probiotics use a patented capsule, that protects the live organisms in the capsule from stomach acid, delivering more cultures and ensuring maximum efficacy.
- POTENCY & PURITY GUARANTEED – The capsule itself is a delayed-release vegetable capsule, with prebiotic greens. Developed and tested in an NSF certified facility.
- STRAINS INCLUDE: Saccharomyces boulardii, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium brevis, Bifidobacterium longum
Recommended Reading: A Good Probiotic For Bv
Klaire Labs Biospora Probiotic
- Two powerful spore-forming probiotics formulated to provide unique support for healthy gastrointestinal and immune function.
- Unique blend of Bacillus coagulans and B. subtilis supplied in a base of plant cellulose. No refrigeration required.
- These spores withstand stomach acid and germinate in the small intestine within 6 hours of ingestion.
- Free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts, wheat, gluten, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Trusted by healthcare practitioners since 1969, Klaire Labs products are developed closely with physicians and are intended to be used as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
How To Get Dirt Into Your Diet
Once you start looking, youll find countless ways to bring vital practices into your life that will make eating dirt possible. For example, on any given day, do the following:
1. Dont Sanitize Your Food
My favorite way to eat dirt is through produce. When I purchase a fresh bunch of organically grown carrots at the farmers market, I know Im going to be far better off simply rinsing my carrots under running water instead of scrubbing them with a brush and some kind of produce wash, because the surface area of every carrot contains beneficial microbes.
When I do this, I can take in an average 500 milligrams of old-fashioned dirt each day, the same amount the average child consumes when playing outdoors.
Five hundred milligrams, essentially the size of an average supplement capsule, may not sound like much, but there are probably more beneficial microbes in that small amount of dirt than there are people living on Earth today.
2. Eat Probiotic Foods Like Kefir, Yogurt and Sauerkraut
One of the reasons many people today are lactose intolerant is that pasteurization kills off the beneficial probiotics and enzymes. According to several published medical studies, when someone with lactose intolerance consumes a dairy product that is raw or fermented which is also higher in probiotics or enzymes symptoms of lactose intolerance can diminish.
3. Consume Raw Honey and Bee Pollen
4. Get a Dog
5. Swim in the Ocean
6. Get Grounded
7. Eat Dirt Literally
Also Check: What Is The Shelf Life Of Probiotics
Should You Take Axe Naturals Live Probiotics
There are hundreds of probiotic supplements available on the market today. Its often difficult to compare these supplements. Comparing supplements by their CFU numbers isnt always accurate, and the types of bacteria strains vary widely between manufacturers.
Nevertheless, Axe Naturals Live Probiotics does appear to be a strong probiotic/prebiotic/digestive health supplement with a wide variety of ingredients rolled into one. The formula is clearly-labeled with dosage information and the specific strains used. Its also available at a price similar to what we see from other probiotics.
If youre in the market for a digestive health supplement and enjoy Dr. Josh Axe and his personal brand, then Axe Naturals Live Probiotics may be the right choice for you.
How To Buy And Use
Key limes arent as accessible in the U.S. as conventional limes, though they grow in tropical and subtropical climates, such as Floria, California and Mexico.
Unlike Persian limes, key limes dont ripen after being picked, and they are also more delicate. Ideally, they should be used within one to two days after becoming ripe.
A ripe key lime will be yellow, firm and feel heavier than it looks.
You can use key limes the same way you use conventional limes. Start by washing it, and roll it if youd like, which can help to loosen the juice.
Key limes can be juiced or zested for a range of recipes, from baked goods to marinades and cocktails.
The fruit is perhaps most well-known for its presence in key lime pie, but you may be surprised to learn that most commercial key lime pies are made with conventional limes. In fact, the two lime types are commonly used interchangeable because the tastes are similar, with key limes a bit tarter.
Because key limes are much smaller than common limes, they dont make as much juice, so keep that in mind if youre using conventional limes in a recipe in place of key limes. While a common lime makes two tablespoons of lime juice, a key lime will only make about two teaspoons, so you will need to purchase and use more of them.
Ready to get started with some key lime recipes? Try these:
Also Check: Can You Take A Multivitamin With A Probiotic
Probiotics: Adding Fuel To The Fire
Treating SIBO is a 3-step approach. The first step is to remove the foods that feed it. A SIBO diet eliminates sugar, alcohol, and many carbohydrates. In addition, probiotic foods containing strains of lactobacillus or bifidobacterium including kombucha and dairy products such as kefir, can add fuel to the fire.
Second, attack the bad bacteria. Depending on the type of gas produced by your gut organisms , the primary antibiotics used for treating SIBO are Xifaxan and Neomycin. I recommend Microb-Clear to anyone working to overcome SIBO. This cutting edge blend of botanical extracts, minerals, and fatty acids works to create an inhospitable environment for parasitic microorganisms while promoting the ideal environment for beneficial probiotic bacteria.
Third, restore the beneficial bacteria with SIBO probiotics. The problem with many probiotics available on the market is that they simply dont work for SIBO. Many probiotics can actually make the problem worse.
Heres why: Your small intestine is not meant to have much bacteria in it. It interferes with digestion and nutrient absorption. Some bacteria are necessary for these functions. You want your bacteria levels to be just right for optimal digestion and absorption.
Help Prevent Gastrointestinal Issues
As a result of your improved digestive system, you can expect to experience fewer gastrointestinal issues when taking a probiotic supplement. Specifically, the probiotic strain lactobacillus may help prevent diarrhea caused by infections or antibiotics, relieve symptoms of hay fever and ulcerative colitis, reduce total and LDL cholesterol, and reduce swelling from rheumatoid arthritis in women, says Elizabeth Ward, M.S., R.D., author of Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy.
Don’t Miss: Should I Take Probiotics After Antibiotics
Aids Your Digestive System
Since probiotics promote the growth of good gut bacteria, you can expect to see a nice boost in your digestive abilities. Probiotic supplements can increase the size of good intestinal bacteria colonies called microflora, thus supporting overall health and digestion, explains Dr. Axe. Also referred to as gut flora, gut microflora, intestinal flora, and intestinal microflora, these bacteria and other organisms that live in the intestines help to digest food.
Risks And Side Effects
All probiotics arent created equally. Not all strains have beneficial effects, and its important to do your research before starting a new supplement.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates products with probiotics in different ways , however not all products are guaranteed to be of high quality.
As always, if you have an existing medical condition, all new supplement regimens should be conducted under the supervision of a medical professional. This is especially important if youre immunocompromised.
Probiotic side effects can sometimes include bloating, flatulence and diarrhea if you take too much too fast. You can start off with a smaller amount, like one tablespoon of kefir or one probiotic capsule a day, and work your way up if youre just getting into eating probiotic foods or taking dietary supplements.
One very rare side effect of probiotics seen in cancer patients is sepsis. This is an extremely rare occurrence.
Overall, according to the FDA, studies have found that probiotics are associated with very few probiotics side effects and a large number of benefits.
How Does Axe Naturals Live Probiotics Work
Axe Naturals Live Probiotics contains 50 billion CFUs of probiotics and prebiotic ingredients. Prebiotics target harmful bacteria in your digestive tract, while probiotics support your existing beneficial bacteria. All of the following ingredients are found in the supplement:
-Bacillus Coagulans Complex: 334mg
-Lactobacillus Plantarum Complex: 250mg
-Saccharomyces Boulardii Complex: 250mg
-Probiotic Blend Complex: 234mg (consists of Bifidobacterium breve complex, Bifidobacterium bifidum complex, Bifidobacteria longum complex, lactobacillus brevis complex, lactobacillus rhamnosus complex, lactobacillus acidophilus complex, and lactobacillus casei complex.
-Fructooligosaccharides : 125mg
-Shilajit Powder: 25mg
-Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Gellan Gum, Vegetable Stearate, and Silica. Contains milk.
The dosages above are for 2 capsules. There are 60 capsules in each package.
In any case, Dr. Axe claims the above formula will support your immune system, improve digestive function and mineral absorption, increase your bodys synthesis of vitamin B12, calcium, and vitamin K2, support digestion of gluten and lactose, and provide other widespread digestive health benefits.
Dr. Axe claims these probiotic strains come from a combination of soil-based and food-based organisms and are made from organic, non-GMO ingredients. Theyre also made from heat-resistant, shelf-stable strains that do not have to be refrigerated.
Garden Of Life Whole Food Probiotic Supplement
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: Primal Defense 15 billion CFU probiotic supplement contains Lactobaccilus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria, and other strains to maximize the benefits of a healthy diet, boost nutrient absorption, relieve constipation and support digestive health
- SOIL BASED PROBIOTICS: The only shelf stable probiotic powder formula containing a unique whole food blend with Homeostatic Soil Organisms
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: This dietary supplement has 15 billion CFU and 13 hardy beneficial strains for immune system health
- COLON HEALTH SUPPORT: These probiotics for constipation promote regular, healthy and comfortable bowel movements
- VEGETARIAN PROBIOTIC: Whole food, gluten free, vegetarian probiotics supplement for a balanced, health internal environment
Recommended Reading: Dr Formulated Probiotics Women’s Daily Care Side Effects
Dr Axe Nutrition Sbo Probiotic Ingredients
The list of active ingredients includes: sprouted Chia seeds, sprouted Canihua seeds, Astragalus root, Ashwagandha root, Turkey Tail Mushroom, sprouted Flax seeds, sprouted Pumpkin seeds, sprouted Hemp seeds, sprouted Green Pea seeds, Ginger root, Turmeric root, Holy Basil leaf, sprouted Milk Thistle seeds, Sprouted Broccoli seeds, sprouted Mung beans, Bacillus clausii, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Saccharomyces boulardii.
To see exactly how Dr. Axe Nutrition SBO Probiotic works and what benefits it can provide, lets take its active ingredients one by one and find out their potential. Keep in mind that all ingredients are organic.
- Flaxseeds They are one of the richest vegetable sources of omega-3 fats, known to improve nutrient absorption and cellular health.
- Chia seeds They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well, supporting nutrient absorption and detoxification, and providing the body with valuable natural antioxidants.
- Cañihua seeds Close relatives of quinoa, these seeds are loaded with proteins, minerals, vitamins, and flavonoids, known to support skin and cardiovascular health and maintain the microbial balance.
- Astragalus Its high antioxidant content gives Axe Nutrition SBO Probiotic the power to support and boost cellular health.
- Ashwagandha This adaptogenic herb helps the body cope with stressful situations and maintain its health.
May Help You Lose Weight
Of course, exercising on your Aaptiv app combined with consuming a healthy diet is the most effective way to keep your weight in check, one long-term observational study published in the Journal of Functional Foods linked the consumption of yogurt containing strains from the lactobacillus family, specifically lactobacillus fermentum or lactobacillus amylovorus, to reduced body weight over a six-week period. The authors of that study say that changes in the bacteria in the colon caused by eating yogurt may be responsible for easier weight control, although yogurt-eaters may have other behaviors that favor weight control, explains Ward.
You May Like: Does Yoplait Original Yogurt Have Probiotics
Dr Axe Nutrition Sbo Probiotic Side Effects
This probiotic blend does not seem to induce any side effects. This should be good news for everyone. However, most products in this category cause mild gastrointestinal discomfort on the first days of use. It is a sign that the probiotic strains have reached the destination and are beginning to work their magic.
Should we consider the lack of side effects a sign that the product is not very effective? Some third party reviews certainly suggest that, and it is possible, considering that the viability of the probiotic strains is only guaranteed at manufacturing.
The Sibo Leaky Gut And Autoimmune Connection
Once your gut is leaky, toxins, viruses, bacteria, and food particles flood your bloodstream. As your gut remains leaky and more and more particles escape into your bloodstream, your immune system sends out wave after wave of inflammation. Eventually, it becomes over-stressed and begins firing less accurately.
Whats more, many particles that are now flooding your bloodstream look like your bodys own tissues. Your immune system then creates antibodies against these substances which mistakenly attack your tissues in a phenomenon called molecular mimicry.
Don’t Miss: Dr Ohhira’s Probiotics By Essential Formulas
Dr Ruscios Fast Facts Summary
Categories of Probiotics
- A healthy type of fungus
- B. subtilis
- B. clausii
- B. licheniformis
E. coli Nissle 1917
- Has shown some benefit, worth considering
- FMF Soil-Based Probiotic contains B. subtilis and B. coagulans
- Megaspore contains Coagulans and Subtilis + B. clausii and B. licheniformis
- Just Thrive contains B. Indicus, B. Subtilis, B. Clausii, B. Coagulans
- Biocidins ProFlora4R contains B. subtilis, B. coagulans + B. clausii plus it also contains marshmallow, quercetin and aloe.
- BioSpora from Klaire contains B. coagulans and B. subtilis
- AOR Probiotic 3 contains E. faecium, Clostridium butyricum, B. subtilis
- All fairly comparable
- 2-8 billion per day, upper end of dose range
- Start with a lower dose, see how you feel after a few days. If feeling good, stay with that, if no change, increase dose. After a month or 2-3 months, try to titrate down to the minimum dose to maintain improvement or completely off the probiotic.
How many probiotics strains are helpful?
- Best data is for one strain preparation. However, a more diverse probiotic might be better, purely speculative but IBS literature has concluded this with lacto-bifido preparations.
- In theory, a multi-strain soil-based probiotic might be best. I would start with 2 strain , its a compromise, then consider a trial on a multi-strain with more than 2.
What other strains to include?
Slight benefit on constipation